Ovation cancellation

This may already be well known but on Facebook people are reporting the Ovation of the Seas October cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii has been cancelled. 

Edited by cruiselover53
Missed ship name

12 minutes ago, cruiselover53 said:

This may already be well known but on Facebook people are reporting the Ovation of the Seas October cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii has been cancelled. 

Has been speculation on this thread for some time and confirmed yesterday as well.

How does it go @Chiliburn??

Ovation is coming back in October 2024, but now been cancelled for the following October (2025)

Quantum to Sydney

Voyager to Brisbane.

Or are there some extra twists & turns to be unveiled?

9 minutes ago, arxcards said:

How does it go @Chiliburn??

Ovation is coming back in October 2024, but now been cancelled for the following October (2025)

Quantum to Sydney

Voyager to Brisbane.

Or are there some extra twists & turns to be unveiled?

It’s like a Agatha Christie  novel Geoff ,you just keep wondering.

I'd say Wonder of the Seas will home port from Brisbane as it is the only port in Australia large enough for her. She was meant to come here via China a few years ago, but Covid put an end to that. She would probably just do round trips between Brisbane and Lelepa.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, colourbird said:

I'd say Wonder of the Seas will home port from Brisbane as it is the only port in Australia large enough for her. She was meant to come here via China a few years ago, but Covid put an end to that. She would probably just do round trips between Brisbane and Lelepa.

Lelepa won't happen and the Wonder won't get out of the Caribbean

8 hours ago, colourbird said:

Yes she will with three more large sisters / half sisters to take her place.

We don’t have the market for an Oasis especially Brisbane,they can’t fill Quantum .

It looks like a Voyager booked in Brisbane after next season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

We don’t have the market for an Oasis especially Brisbane,they can’t fill Quantum .

It looks like a Voyager booked in Brisbane after next season.

There is a market for a large ship. They can't fill Quantum as we already have Ovation in Sydney. People will travel to Brisbane from all over Australia just like Americans who travel to Miami to sail on Oasis / Icon class ships.

Chilli I take it your mate Big Gav gave you the info on the Voyager, makes sense a smaller vessel as the Quantum has been sailing below capacity and heavily discounted prices. Kids sail free and Uni students special rates have helped to get numbers up a bit, but alas not capacity.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, beatleman said:

Chilli I take it your mate Big Gav gave you the info on the Voyager, makes sense a smaller vessel as the Quantum has been sailing below capacity and heavily discounted prices. Kids sail free and Uni students special rates have helped to get numbers up a bit, but alas not capacity.

It’s in Brisbane port bookings but I think it’s a place holder for Navigator .

IMG_0967.thumb.png.1687f508aece0d95a33d6abe94c430df.png

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

RCL are past masters of the smoke and mirrors game. I think you might be on the money.

8 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

It is also being used on the shipping pages for Yorkeys & Airlie Beach. I believe the shipping movement pages require more accurate info that the cruise terminal schedules.

Whichever, Voyager class or Voyager class. Either is a downgrade for Brisbane.

12 hours ago, colourbird said:

There is a market for a large ship. They can't fill Quantum as we already have Ovation in Sydney. People will travel to Brisbane from all over Australia just like Americans who travel to Miami to sail on Oasis / Icon class ships.

Their numbers show there isn't enough of a market. It is more about the Americans than it is about us. If they are flying 13 to 20 hours to cruise out of Australia, which port do you think they are choosing to cruise from - Sydney or Brisbane?

I would fly to Brisbane to do a cruise to nowhere on Wonder, but I wouldn't want to be 1:6000 sharing the tenders. All of the ports will be tender ports, and port amenities already struggle to handle 4000 passengers.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, arxcards said:

Their numbers show there isn't enough of a market. It is more about the Americans than it is about us. If they are flying 13 to 20 hours to cruise out of Australia, which port do you think they are choosing to cruise from - Sydney or Brisbane?

I would fly to Brisbane to do a cruise to nowhere on Wonder, but I wouldn't want to be 1:6000 sharing the tenders. All of the ports will be tender ports, and port amenities already struggle to handle 4000 passengers.

That preference for Sydney, together with the terminal capacity constraint, is reflected in cruise prices.  So Brisbane has to be a bit cheaper (and it usually is).  

Without Lelepa (and a suitable dock for Oasis class), it is not workable.  Tendering is bad enough on Quantum.  

• Like 1