Currently on Insignia … fabulous crew

YoPhilly

We boarded Jan. 14 in Los Angeles and are now crossing the Pacific.  This is our 4th O cruise (2nd time on Insignia).  The entire crew is delightful - pleasant, engaging, smiling.  Dottie is our CD, and she is the best CD we’ve ever had.  We’re having a great time.  For those of you who know June Tenuka, she’s onboard and holding jewelry-making classes.

Chef is everywhere, everyday - very accessible- and he’s doing something fun and delicious every night in the Terrace Cafe since our weather across the Pacific has been excellent.  One would be hard-pressed to find fault with the food.

In my comment card, I suggested they add plain rolls or baguettes to the pastry offerings in the GDR at breakfast.  As I noted, not everyone wants sweets. (I’ll take a good crusty baguette over a danish any time!). Tonight at dinner, the maitre d’ sought me out,  thanked me for the suggestion and said they’re making the addition.  It was great to know they actually read the comments and take action.

We just crossed the equator in the past hour, so this afternoon we had a fun time getting initiated into the Order of the Shellback.

the ship is just lovely, and we love the small size.  She may not be the shiniest penny in the drawer but she is a beauty nonetheless.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

On the cruise with you to Bali.  I agree completely with the service, and crew, and food.  Have had a few “misses”, but overall a very impressive cruise.

We, too, made a mention on our mid-cruise survey, and the GM called us to discuss.  A maintenance tech was in the stateroom soon thereafter.

Have sailed more than 170 days on O, and this sailing is the best experience so far.

• Like 7

I was on the sailing right before the OP's and have to agree that Dottie is an outstanding CD and Chef was everywhere. He was the best and most visible marketing tool O deployed on our sailing. His cooking demos were a lot of fun too.

The amount of planning and sheer work that he and his team put in for the New Year's festivities was very evident.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I was on the sailing right before the OP's and have to agree that Dottie is an outstanding CD and Chef was everywhere. He was the best and most visible marketing tool O deployed on our sailing. His cooking demos were a lot of fun too.

The amount of planning and sheer work that he and his team put in for the New Year's festivities was very evident.

Agreed.  I’m on my way to his cooking demonstration shortly.

We've cruised Insignia on an ATW cruise segment and my impression is that the "best of the best" are assigned to the ship for the ATW.

But right now...I'm a bit sad reading how good everything is because we booked this ATW...the full cruise this time...the day booking opened, but eventually had to cancel . I was really looking forward to the cruise.

I hope everyone has a grand time !

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

We've cruised Insignia on an ATW cruise segment and my impression is that the "best of the best" are assigned to the ship for the ATW.

But right now...I'm a bit sad reading how good everything is because we booked this ATW...the full cruise this time...the day booking opened, but eventually had to cancel . I was really looking forward to the cruise.

I hope everyone has a grand time !

So sorry you’re missing it.  It appears that everyone is having a grand time.  I’ve met many many passengers, and all are lovely, friendly people.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Happy Trails1 said:

Hi @YoPhillyWe live on the Big Island - Hilo side. We were so excited to see Insignia in port last week! You had amazing weather for your trip. I hope you were treated with Aloha and had a great visit. Our first Oceania cruise was on Insignia in 2007. ❤️

We’ve had excellent weather every day since we left LA.  Gorgeous sunny days and very cooperative seas! 😄. We arrive at Rangiroa tomorrow.

• Like 1

This sounds great.  We're on her TA in August from Tilbury.  I'm sure there will be plenty of crew turnover by then but it sounds like the culture of the ship is very pax centric.  Thanks for a very positive review. 

• Like 1

We are joining this ATW sailing for just one segment (Auckland to Sydney) in about 2 weeks

.  Having sailed on Insignia in 2016 and 2018 for 3 segments of the ATW I can attest that they have the best staff and food for their guests on this special voyage.  We are excited to be on the ship again.  

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 12:51 PM, marieps said:

This sounds great.  We're on her TA in August from Tilbury.  I'm sure there will be plenty of crew turnover by then but it sounds like the culture of the ship is very pax centric.  Thanks for a very positive review. 

I can’t get over the crew!  To a person, they are pleasant, smiling and friendly.  We celebrated my husband’s birthday tonight in the GDR, and it was lovely.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mountain grandma said:

Who is the General Manager on board?  We were on Insignia last August and will be on her again this fall.  Curious if the GM is the same.  

Thanks,

Billie

The GM is Ludmila Zelkin.  She can be seen moving all about the ship, and is easily accessible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tigerfan75 said:

The GM is Ludmila Zelkin.  She can be seen moving all about the ship, and is easily accessible.

She took over from the previous GM in early January when I was onboard.

• Like 1

We were on Insignia in June 2023 and concur with the comments regarding the food, Head Chef, General Manager and Dottie, the CD.  A special thanks to Lorenzo the Terrace Cafe Manager and head person in Polo Grill.  He is the warmest and most caring person and always provides unequaled hospitality.  His response is always " My pleasure".  We were lucky to meet him on Regatta in early 2023 and then again on Insignia in June 2023.

Joel Barry

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 8:55 AM, mountain grandma said:

Who is the General Manager on board?  We were on Insignia last August and will be on her again this fall.  Curious if the GM is the same.  

Thanks,

Billie

The GM is Ludmila…. I didn’t catch her last name.