Question About Dining

I haven’t cruised since I was a teenager. I am wondering if we use a dining credit to get sushi one night, if my son would be able to grab something later at the buffet if he doesn’t like it? Do you somehow have to check in and are limited to three meals per day? Thanks!

14 minutes ago, nordicacres said:

I haven’t cruised since I was a teenager. I am wondering if we use a dining credit to get sushi one night, if my son would be able to grab something later at the buffet if he doesn’t like it? Do you somehow have to check in and are limited to three meals per day? Thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and Welcome to NCL.

Nope. You can eat as much and as often as you want in complimentary restaurants. And there are no checks at the Buffet. 

At Sushi, your Specialty Dining Credit will get your 4 items off the menu. 

NCL has the buffet which closes around 9:30 and a 24/7 restaurant where you can get full meals until 9:30ish and light meals (sandwiches, wings, desserts, etc.) all night long if you are hungry. 

We may eat an early dinner (specialty or main dining room), grab a piece of pizza before the buffet closes, then maybe a late night snack at the 24/7 restaurant. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nordicacres said:

Oh, that’s wonderful. Thanks for the info! Sushi one night for certain now 😁 

Enjoy the Jewel. The itinerary is great! We spend hours on our balcony each day/night watching for wildlife (whales, seals, dolphin). Magic!

When we do sushi, we normally order multiple rolls (since you get 4 items per person and we want to get our money's worth). 

image.png.7948bbfb17ba95dd7ceff907410df1bb.png

• Thanks 1

Thank you! We’re looking forward to it! Struggling with excursions a bit because there are so many we’re interested in.

I have the open bar package (and fairly certain will upgrade to FAS+). If I grab two drinks from the bar am I allowed to take them back to my room? Or a viewing area/deck? Or are you required to drink them in the bar?

3 hours ago, calcruiser64 said:

You can take drinks anywhere you'd like. On embarkation day, we get the party started early and tour the ship with drinks in hand.

Yep.  It's just like Vegas.  Drink wherever/whenever you have them.🍻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Laguna Larry at the Sky sushi bar acrually suggested if we wanted desert we should go to the buffet.  Also, since we had one meal for myself and one more my wife, he suggested we each make two choices and call it my meal and then next time use her 4 choices for another meal.  20 pieces of sushi was a fine meal for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1