Elite or Platinum lounge on the Sun Princess.

bschmitt

Just now, bschmitt said:

Thank you all for your input.  Didn't realize it hadn't sailed yet.  do they have the lounge on other ships and how does it work there?

Yes, all ships have the Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge event. It happens in one lounge venue every evening except Captain's Circle party night.  You'll have a letter in your cabin with the details of where and what hours..

The venue varies by ship - and even varies aboard the same ship depending on numbers. It's not a dedicated lounge that's solely that 

It can be Wheelhouse, Club 6, Vista Lounge, Take 5, Skywalkers, Club Fusion, etc. 

The Elite/Plantinum lounge is more of a "cocktail hour".  It's not a dedicated lounge all the time.  And the Sun WILL have a specific suite full time lounge but they have not mentioned any type of full time lounge for Elites/Plantinum.  I wouldn't expect anything. 

1 hour ago, bschmitt said:

I know Royal Caribbean has the Diamond lounge and I wondered if it was similar to that.

If the Sun has the same features in the Elite Lounge as the Enchanted Princess there is no comparison between the two Lounges. RCI Crown (formerly Diamond) Lounge is a dedicated lounge that is open all the time. Crown has food in the morning and in the evening from 5-8pm. Based on your status Diamond, Diamond+ or Pinnacle you get 4, 5 or 6 drinks per day at most bars. Here is a copy of what you get based on status.

As for Princess the Elite Lounge has a limited menu of drinks that you must pay for. On our last cruise some people thought the drinks were free in the Elite Lounge and found out days later they were not. I believe it was $6 or $8 per drink. With the Medallion the staff in the Elite Lounge would not ask for your Medallion as it would identify you and the staff could see your picture. So, you would not have to sign any receipt. 

So be warned! Happy Cruising! Hope this helps to clear this up. 

crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

2 hours ago, bschmitt said:

I know Royal Caribbean has the Diamond lounge and I wondered if it was similar to that.

No. No free drinks. Some appetizers. $1 off special menu of drinks, or full price for any others. Piped music. 

No comparison. 

• Like 1