Where Is Our Muster Station ?

1 minute ago, kittymamma said:

New to NCL... is your assigned muster station, and where it's located, on your boarding pass or your E Docs ?

You will find your muster station printed on your room card, once you have checked-in with the port representatives inside the terminal. NOTE: They represent NCL, but are employed by the port!

The location will be on the key card (like G8 or H2). How to get to it is actually located on the map on door in your stateroom. The map shows you how to get to your emergency exit location. Of course you can just ask around when you see the employees holding signs.

No need to worry about it until you're on the ship. But here's a sneak peak at what the card will look like. If you're in a Haven room it will be similar to these with the starfish, if you're in a regular room your card will either be orange, teal, or purple with a different image. 

Bottom right corner has the station location code - any crew member will help you find where to go, they all have a list with them on day one to help direct people. They're usually at restaurants, bars, things like that which are easy to find. Up top it will show what type of dining plan and drink plan you have (if any) - that's the 3D/PBP up top for 3 dinners and the premium beverage plan.

Ironically, looking at those cards it looks like for one of our trips on 9/16/22 my husband and I had different muster stations even though we were in the same cabin. Beyond bizarre... unless I've stumbled upon a secret bonus keycard he had that I didn't know about. 🕵️‍♀️

Ooooooh.... that was our Canada trip where I got Covid. So yes, he did get moved to a new room by himself at the end of the trip when I was quarantined. So that must have been his new station for the last 3 days of the trip if there had been an emergency. Funny, never even thought about something like that to be aware of. Learn something new every day!

image.thumb.png.f599b1dc85fd3b07c145eb0c1d4a35e2.png

Our last cruise was 3/3022 and we had to watch the muster video online and check in at the muster station just to prove we knew where it was once onboard.  I actually learned something on the video unlike previous live muster drills.

Before COVID, the muster drills in person could be a hot mess, depending on the ship and the size of the venue.  Atrium on the Escape was absolutely terrible, Gem on an outside deck was fine.

I'm not sure what procedure they're doing now - what's the current plan?

3 hours ago, shotgunman006 said:

The location will be on the key card (like G8 or H2). How to get to it is actually located on the map on door in your stateroom. The map shows you how to get to your emergency exit location. Of course you can just ask around when you see the employees holding signs.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

1 hour ago, DuckTollerFans said:

Our last cruise was 3/3022 and we had to watch the muster video online and check in at the muster station just to prove we knew where it was once onboard.  I actually learned something on the video unlike previous live muster drills.

Before COVID, the muster drills in person could be a hot mess, depending on the ship and the size of the venue.  Atrium on the Escape was absolutely terrible, Gem on an outside deck was fine.

They still do the online video then you have to check in at your muster station once onboard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DuckTollerFans said:

Watch the video and when on board just scan your card at the muster station (employee will have the scanner).  That's it!

6 hours ago, DuckTollerFans said:

Our trip this time last year they made us go in person and it was horrible. Way too people-y and you couldn't hear anything anyway. They've since gone back to the watching the video 50x before your cruise and then check in and leave.

Muster station/drill has been very much streamlined. Since you have to watch the safety video as part of check-in, the "muster drill" (which I put in quotation marks because it wasn't really a drill at all) consisted of us getting a number, going to where the crew member with our number was standing, literally walking without stopping to the bar, and getting a drink. Gone are the days of having to stand around with 1,000 other people in your group with life vests on, listening to the same boring speech about what to do in an emergency.

• Like 1