Price for NCL Jewel Thermal Spa?

45 minutes ago, lorif said:

It could vary by length of cruise or itinerary.  We are booked for a 12 day, and it was $387Cdn, not sure what the original USD price was.

Thanks, we are booked for 2 11 days. I am guessing that is $387 each?

Edited by ready2cruzagain

6 hours ago, Cruise4usnow1 said:

For Sept 2023 7 day Alaska cruise it was $269 US.  

That is almost as much as it is on the newer ships. Not worth it to me since most of the facilities are separated (mens and womens) and I would not be able to be with dh most of the time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

That is almost as much as it is on the newer ships. Not worth it to me since most of the facilities are separated (mens and womens) and I would not be able to be with dh most of the time. 

Most of the facilities are not separated, you have separate locker rooms with showers etc... but thats about it

2 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I agree.  But that price is not for a 7 night.  I think the 2 posters here are going for 11 or 12 days.  If the price is the same or even remotely the same of the newer ships then its insane.  The spa on the Jewel class ships is nothing like everything Post Epic.

However sometimes I see NCL pricing for the NCL Sky and another much newer ship about the same and I scratch my head.  The Sky is a great ship but cannot compare to the Escape.  Long story short yes the spa prices should NOT be the same.  But it looks like the comps listed here are for 11 and 12 days.

Edited by david_sobe

1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

I agree.  But that price is not for a 7 night.  I think the 2 posters here are going for 11 or 12 days.  If the price is the same or even remotely the same of the newer ships then its insane.  The spa on the Jewel class ships is nothing like everything Post Epic.

However sometimes I see NCL pricing for the NCL Sky and another much newer ship about the same and I scratch my head.  The Sky is a great ship but cannot compare to the Escape.  Long story short yes the spa prices should NOT be the same.  But it looks like the comps listed here are for 11 and 12 days.

11 hours ago, Cruise4usnow1 said:

For Sept 2023 7 day Alaska cruise it was $269 US.  

$269 for the Jewel according to this for 7 days, $299 for 7 days on the Epic which is a lot better

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

Most of the facilities are not separated, you have separate locker rooms with showers etc... but thats about it

I will have to look into it more but from looking hard so far I thought only thing that is unisex is the thelassotherapy pool and the heated loungers. Are the whirlpools, saunas, etc also unisex because I read they are gender specified.

7 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

$269 for the Jewel according to this for 7 days, $299 for 7 days on the Epic which is a lot better

Then I agree with you.  $30 does not make up the difference.  The spas are apples and oranges on those ships.

36 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I will have to look into it more but from looking hard so far I thought only thing that is unisex is the thelassotherapy pool and the heated loungers. Are the whirlpools, saunas, etc also unisex because I read they are gender specified.

I've been on the Jewel in the Thermal Spa. It's very similar to the Gem. They have a large common area with heated and non heated loungers, I large thermal pool, I believe a smaller one, steam room and sauna. In the mens locker room they had a small one person spa, showers etc... I don't remember exactly 

I purchased the pass on the Gem a year ago (Panama trip) and could only use it two days.  The redesign from several years ago has a smaller changing and shower area than before. Therefore when the facility is heavily used there is no space or remote privacy in changing. Before I enjoyed using the area and having a nice shower afterwards. Not convenient to do so with the redesign IMO. So in Aug I checked out the pass for the Jewel and was surprised that the 7 day was the same as my longer Panama trip. But then consider the excursion costs in Alaska. The design on the Jewel and Gem were similar so I likely won't be using that area now on the Jewel class ships. Also learned to checkout the current layout and number of loungers after refurbishment!!  Good luck to all who enjoy the area.

On 2/4/2024 at 6:57 AM, ready2cruzagain said:

Anyone know what the current cost for the Jewel Thermal Spa is? I wouldn't think it would be as much as the newer ships but guessing.

prices usually range from $309 to $359 depending on length of cruise and which ship.

5 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

They had that price back in 2018! It is just recently they went crazy!

No.  $199 was for BOTH people.  It was something like $119 per person and $199 for the couple.  When I sailed Epic 3 years later in 2013 the spa doubled and now was over $200 per person.  Our last Encore cruise in 2020 the spa was $250 per person