UPS/FedEx Employee Discount

Auntdoi

When I called inquiring about prices for my Baja cruise, I was asked if anyone in the party worked for UPS or FedEx. My friend who is cruising with me works for Kinko's (which is now owed by FedEx and called FedEx/Kinko's) and the "Vacation Planner" I was speaking with told me he didn't know if that would qualify because she would have to send in a copy of her employee ID card. She doesn't have an ID card, but does have an employee number.

Just thought I would throw this out there to see if anyone has any knowledge on this subject. Thanks!

Better decide quick - my PVP at Carnival told me yesterday that as of 4/1 the Interline discount for UPS/Fedex employees is being pulled. DH, who works for Fedex, also saw it noted at work the other day. I'm not sure if this is for all cruise lines or if it's just Carnival that is not applying the discount after 4/1.

Better decide quick - my PVP at Carnival told me yesterday that as of 4/1 the Interline discount for UPS/Fedex employees is being pulled. DH, who works for Fedex, also saw it noted at work the other day. I'm not sure if this is for all cruise lines or if it's just Carnival that is not applying the discount after 4/1.

Yep, I work at FedEx and have received notice that as of 4/1 we will no longer receive interline discounts on Carnival. My TA said that it was only Carnival but she fully expected the others to follow suit. Best thing to do is book before April 1st and grab the discount while you can.

Not sure why but it sure bummed me out. It wasn't a huge savings but everything helps. :-)

They are pulling the Interline discount for all package carriers, including Airborne and DHL. Only passenger carrier employees will still be able to get it. We are looking at booking 2 cruises before the end of the month with my PVP to squeeze them in!!

• 2 years later...

Tipsy,

You can't just call Royal and get the discount. You have to call an Interline agency (or go online). They will give you the discount rates. We just booked a 7 day on Voyager of the Seas and were pleased with the dicount.

Teena

Tipsy,

You can't just call Royal and get the discount. You have to call an Interline agency (or go online). They will give you the discount rates. We just booked a 7 day on Voyager of the Seas and were pleased with the dicount.

Teena

Okay...I'm registered with a couple of the interline agencies. I'll give them a call.

Thanks again.

Tipsy

Yep, I work at FedEx and have received notice that as of 4/1 we will no longer receive interline discounts on Carnival. My TA said that it was only Carnival but she fully expected the others to follow suit. Best thing to do is book before April 1st and grab the discount while you can.

Not sure why but it sure bummed me out. It wasn't a huge savings but everything helps. :-)

the interline discount isnt a huge discount?? Iv always heard its the best rate there is.

I think it's a pretty good chunk of money. Usually $150-200 pp discount.

Doesn't look like it's always the best rate there is anymore though. I booked a cruise tonight and the Early Saver Rate is lower than Interline.

OK, so now my curiosty is up, my husband has been a fedex contractor for 8 years, I have never heard of a fedex discount, nor were we asked about employment when I made reservations, this post was started 3 years ago, is the discount still available? We cruise on Monday 3/2; and if there is a chance of a OBC I will call Carnival:confused:

OK, so now my curiosty is up, my husband has been a fedex contractor for 8 years, I have never heard of a fedex discount, nor were we asked about employment when I made reservations, this post was started 3 years ago, is the discount still available? We cruise on Monday 3/2; and if there is a chance of a OBC I will call Carnival:confused:

It was discontinued 4/1/06...according to the 5th post in the thread.

Yeah, hubby has been a UPS driver for 17 years and we have cruised almost every year since 2002 and I had never heard of this before :( It is a shame they never asked you when booking your cruise, like they do when they offer a military discount. What a shame.

Yeah, hubby has been a UPS driver for 17 years and we have cruised almost every year since 2002 and I had never heard of this before :( It is a shame they never asked you when booking your cruise, like they do when they offer a military discount. What a shame.

My dh is also a ups man, I took advantage of this discount until 2006, when it was discontinued. Sometimes I received big discounts, but no more.

Actually the cruise I just booked with no discounts was cheaper, than I used to pay several years ago.

Cindy

I had to look twice because I knew the interline discount was discontinued - old thread.

But as a funny coincidence if you two go to browncafe dot com and look in the forums, they are planning a group cruise for UPSers in 2010.

the interline discount isnt a huge discount?? Iv always heard its the best rate there is.

The Interline rate is the same rate as the military discount. When Carnival decided to give the military discount they used the same rate code. The only difference is the military rate seems to be more capacity controlled then the interline rate.

When it was offered, PVP's would always ask..Are you military, do you work for airlines, ups or fedex? It was pretty much apart of there sales pitch.

When it was offered, PVP's would always ask..Are you military, do you work for airlines, ups or fedex? It was pretty much apart of there sales pitch.

If this discount was available around 2002-2008 it was never offered to by Carnival, RCCL or Princess :rolleyes: Believe me, we would have jumped at it! This is the first I have heard of it. We were always asked if we were military or airline, and once if we were firefighters. I just can't believe that with my years on the message boards, I didn't run into it there! Oh well, maybe they will offer it again someday.

What is browncafe???

Im surprised his coworkers never told him about it. My brother use to work for FedEx. He doesnt cruise, but he knew about it.

Archived