Another Love Boat themed cruise setting sail in August 2024

Honolulu Blue

I didn't see this announced anywhere on this board. Apologies for any duplication.

After their successful themed cruise in October 2022, Princess is doing it again. Here's the link to the press release: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/princess-cruises-announces-the-love-boat-themed-cruise-with-iconic-original-cast-302056377.html

It's too long for me to quote here, but here's a TL,DR:

* It's on the Enchanted Princess out of NYC

* Sail dates are August 31 - September 7, 2024

* Canada and New England itinerary

* Attending will be Jill Whelan, Bernie Kopell, Fred Grandy, Ted Lange, and Ezra Freeman (from The Real Love Boat)

* Direct quote:

Highly anticipated Love Boat-themed activities, include:

• Sailaway party introducing the cast
  • Meet-and-greet photo and signing opportunities
  • The Love Boat-inspired guest activities with prizes
  • Cocktail demonstration hosted by Ezra Freeman and Ted Lange – practice the finger point!
  • Symbolic renewal of vows ceremony, officiated by the cast, with commemorative certificate
  • Cast Q&As sharing favorite memories of the show and stories of their careers
  • The Love Boat episodes airing on Movies Under the Stars and in staterooms
  • The Love Boat trivia with the Cruise Director
  • The Love Boat inspired menus and specialty cocktails
  • Themed décor, photo backdrops and merchandise

* Another direct quote: 

Super fans may opt for a special Love Boat VIP Package, featuring an invitation to an exclusive cast cocktail party, reserved seating for the cast Q&A in the Princess Theater, front-of-the-line access for autographs and photos, dinner at the Captain's Table, plus a themed cruise t-shirt and mug. More details on cost and how to book coming soon.

Sounds like fun for some of you. You're welcome. 😃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We were on the one in October 2022 and it was a lot of fun.  Interesting that they mention theme t-shirts and mugs as part of the VIP package.  One thing that was lacking on the last one was that they weren't selling any of this type of merchandise on the cruise.  Instead it was all about "The Real Love Boat".  I sure hope they found a worthy charity to donate all of that Real Love Boat apparel to as it sure wasn't selling.

• Thanks 1

I was on the October 2022 on the discovery princess and also was not a fan of promoting the reality series the real love boat I think some people were confused about the t-shirts for sale in the on board shop and thought they were for the original show.  We did have the largest meet and greet I've been to.

• Like 2

I just happened to be booked for this sailing. I noticed most of the above post are people saying they enjoyed the Oct sailing, but I am curious if you found any negatives with that sailing? I cruise only about once a year and my husband hasn't cruised in 11 years. I finally convinced him to go with me and now after seeing this thread, I am concerned and am wondering if I should look for a new sailing date. Seeing the cast sounds fun, but I guess I am wondering how different the menus could be and will all the shows be "Love Boat Themed"? TIA

• Like 1

8 hours ago, qoap24 said:

I just happened to be booked for this sailing. I noticed most of the above post are people saying they enjoyed the Oct sailing, but I am curious if you found any negatives with that sailing? I cruise only about once a year and my husband hasn't cruised in 11 years. I finally convinced him to go with me and now after seeing this thread, I am concerned and am wondering if I should look for a new sailing date. Seeing the cast sounds fun, but I guess I am wondering how different the menus could be and will all the shows be "Love Boat Themed"? TIA

No, very few were Love Boat themed.  It was the usual entertainment.  There was a discussion with the cast in the Princess theater that was well attended.  I overheard someone telling one of the cast members that there were folks who spent the night in front of the doors to the theater to get front row seats.  We got there 45 minutes before starting time and had no problem finding seats.  Some of the game shows were Love Boat themed and some cast members were present for those.  All cast members were on deck for the sailaway party, probably one of the best attended ones I've ever seen on a Princess ship.  There was a vow renewal ceremony in the Piazza officiated by the crew and Isaac was part of the Martini demonstration.  There might have been a couple of other events but the evening entertainment was all normal stuff.

• Thanks 1