First time NCl on the Getaway questions

2 hours ago, p5woody said:

I wonder if some cruises still allow reservations?  On January 22nd, I was able to make reservations for 4 at 5:30 for a 12 day cruise coming up in April.  

Not anymore, I got folks sailing on the Joy in mid May and no longer able to book a table for 4 on the Joy, as of last week. Specialty dinner is bookable.  It has been, no can't do for the Prima ... looking for that Diamond pre-cruise concierge reservation help 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

To sail & sustain, for your (in) convenience with the new "Takeaway" being spinned as back to true freestyle dining - join the queues 😳 & welcome 😤

Edited by mking8288

well, there is a bright side here...

a canny cruiser can make a boatload of cash if they know what to do.

go to every crowded restaurant with a wait, collect a beeper at each. bring the beeper(s) to your stateroom. return to the restaurant at a less busy time and eat. do this over and over every day. collect at least a couple of dozen beepers. keep them as souvenirs. when you return home, sell them to your local chili's and houlihan's. you'll receive a tidy sum which can then help to fund your next adventure at sea.

you're welcome.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Not anymore, I got folks sailing on the Joy in mid May and no longer able to book a table for 4 on the Joy, as of last week. Specialty dinner is bookable.  It has been, no can't do for the Prima ... looking for that Diamond pre-cruise concierge reservation help 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

To sail & sustain, for your (in) convenience with the new "Takeaway" being spinned as back to true freestyle dining - join the queues 😳 & welcome 😤

NCL website is still letting me, maybe I am special 🙂 

image.png.7a59183fde73af25dd7f496616ece7fd.png

2 hours ago, zqvol said:

That’s because it’s at 8:30

Not that it matters, I already have reservation at 5:30.  It really doesn't matter to me, we will see what happens when we get on the ship.  I go with the flow.

9 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Things change. Reservations are unable to be made anymore. If @IAcruising was able to, it was before NCL ended this ability.

I can do it at this very moment for my Encore cruise in April, for any date. I don't think I'm special.

10 hours ago, IAcruising said:

I can do it at this very moment for my Encore cruise in April, for any date. I don't think I'm special.

18 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

NCL being consistently inconsistent perhaps. 

• Haha 1

I am just disembarking from the Getaway. I made reservations in advance at Taste every night at 7:30 (except my specialty dining nights). Every night, people ahead of me in line were told there was a wait (ranging from 10 minutes to 30) whereas I got immediate seating. So it does make a difference.

Side note: Couldn't reserve for breakfast or lunch. Last sea day it was a 45 minute wait for a table!

16 hours ago, p5woody said:

NCL website is still letting me, maybe I am special 🙂

you've shown an image of the reservation in your cart.

are you actually able to checkout?

if so, you may indeed be special.

also, NCL often does not know how to update its website's functionality. we saw this recently with "reservations" for "footloose." people were able to book it for cruises after the date the show would already have been closed and been removed as an entertainment option.

after making the decision to disallow MDR reservations, NCL may not know how to rewrite code to prevent people within a 120 day window from booking them. so we may be in a window during which reservations can seemingly be made.

just a hunch.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, UKstages said:

you've shown an image of the reservation in your cart.

are you actually able to checkout?

if so, you may indeed be special.

also, NCL often does not know how to update its website's functionality. we saw this recently with "reservations" for "footloose." people were able to book it for cruises after the date the show would already have been closed and been removed as an entertainment option.

after making the decision to disallow MDR reservations, NCL may not know how to rewrite code to prevent people within a 120 day window from booking them. so we may be in a window during which reservations can seemingly be made.

just a hunch.

I'm 63 days out from my Getaway sailing and can't even get as far as the poster above got.

All the mdr's say the same for me, "not available to book".

We've always been ok with walking up and waiting a little for a table, so not a big deal.

I don't think we've ever waited more than 15 minutes and it's usually been less.

My wife and daughter are interested in dining in Tropicana one night, so they can see the Burn the Floor dancers while dining so I might attempt to make a reservation once on board, if they allow it.

In July on Joy, we successfully made reservations in the Manhattan dining room once on board for our party of 13. We did it for nights one and seven and it was simple as can be.

And I know the accommodation was made because of the size of our group.

on the getaway a couple of weeks ago at full capacity, taste and savor and tropicana were routinely quoting 45 minute waits, once the first influx of people were seated. in real time, the wait was usually more like 25 minutes.

except when it wasn't.

Edited by UKstages

7 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

😤  This  👆 👆 👆     ...  passengers, are, just, like, chopped livers to NCL 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 1:57 PM, cruiseny4life said:

Consistently inconsistent is an accurate way to describe it…..I’m on the Getaway 2/26-3/7. I can book the Tropicana Room for parties of 2,4,6 and 8 at various times on all the dates I randomly checked…..Maybe only new bookings will no longer be able to reserve the MDR’s?  

Taste and Savor are also available  for booking……nothing has changed on my end. 

See below…..

image.thumb.png.1125f05f24af915e7f134ce42d0ac622.png

2 minutes ago, MCMC100 said:

Consistently inconsistent is an accurate way to describe it…..I’m on the Getaway 2/26-3/7. I can book the Tropicana Room for parties of 2,4,6 and 8 at various times on all the dates I randomly checked…..Maybe only new bookings will no longer be able to reserve the MDR’s?  

See below…..

image.thumb.png.1125f05f24af915e7f134ce42d0ac622.png

Question? Can you complete the "transaction?" I would be curious if the system allows you to. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if you can. I'm not sure why I took NCL at their word that folks wouldn't be able to book - shame on me (learning moment). Makes me look the fool - though I suppose some of my other posts might do that too.

image.png.4a7c6c380c1b6cee89886007d5447d97.png

5 minutes ago, MCMC100 said:

I can only book the Manhattan Room on my cruise. Taste and Savor are "unavailable to book".

Go figure.

27 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Question? Can you complete the "transaction?"

image.png.4a7c6c380c1b6cee89886007d5447d97.png

Yes.  Reservations for 2 available any time.  Reservations for 4-12 only available 5:30 and 8:30. I picked 4 at 5:30 and reserved….system confirmed them (we are a group of 4 so I figured I’d make a reservation I may actually decide to use).   I went thru the reservation process for all three MDR checking several random dates. There are mixed party sizes and time slots available (5:30 and 8:30 are common, but not the only times). All MDR’s show some availability for booking.  As I’m so close to sailing there’s no way to decisively determine if there is a newly imposed limitation on availability or a capacity limit because many people have already booked.  All of us who can still make MDR reservations already have a reservation - perhaps new reservations lose this ability or find it limited by party size/time?

I don’t think it makes you look the fool…..anyone long on this forum or familiar with NCL knows that today’s rule is different than yesterday’s and may not be enforced tomorrow.  

• Thanks 1

First post. I can confirm you can book Taste, Savor and Tropicana for the Getaway for March 7th trip. I did this 4 weeks ago. And yes you can complete the 'transaction', recieve an email confirmation and it shows up on the vacation summary. Times I booked were 530, 730 and 830.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 902 said:

First post. I can confirm you can book Taste, Savor and Tropicana for the Getaway for March 7th trip. I did this 4 weeks ago. And yes you can complete the 'transaction', recieve an email confirmation and it shows up on the vacation summary. Times I booked were 530, 730 and 830.

Me too, they show up on my boarding pass along with specialty dining and shows. 

Can't book for mid April and not for mid May, 2 different NCL ships ... 2 weeks ago and just rechecked now ... Sapphire, Platinum and Diamonds - don't matter at all. Not a big deal. 

Changes are coming, March apparently still bookable. If someone can book these, love to see the details 🤞  (i.e. early Alaska cruisers ?? )

Collage_2024-02-16_20_22_20.thumb.jpg.e2377674447fdc00d6bf6972c20e9777.jpg

Edited by mking8288

1 minute ago, mking8288 said:

Can't book for mid April and not for mid May, 2 different NCL ships ... 2 weeks ago and just rechecked now ... Sapphire, Platinum and Diamonds - don't matter at all. Not a big deal. 

Changes are coming, March apparently still bookable. If someone can book these, love to see the details 🤞

Collage_2024-02-16_20_22_20.thumb.jpg.e2377674447fdc00d6bf6972c20e9777.jpg

I see exactly the same for my 4/19 sailing on Getaway.

As you said, not a big deal.

We walk up when we want to eat in the complimentary dining rooms and have no problem waiting a few minutes, if necessary.

• Like 1

I have a Getaway question. Lol!

I booked Vibe for my upcoming sailing in April and I noticed, when perusing the deck plans, that there is a Sun Deck above Vibe on deck 18.

Is that a public sun deck or is it additional deck space for Vibe?

I don't think I'd ever hang out up there (although sailaway could be fun), but I was just wondering as the deck plans aren't too detailed.

TIA

12 hours ago, 902 said:

How many people did you book for? And, glad you're able to book as it probably fell into the period when it was still allowed! 

5 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

How many people did you book for? And, glad you're able to book as it probably fell into the period when it was still allowed! 

for three but had to choose 4.  Options were 2, 4 and not sure about higher numbers.

• Thanks 1