Included drinks question.

mklions

18 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

To me wine and art are similar - if you like it, it is good. If you don't like it, it is bad.

You think Veuve is Basic, but we like it and think that it is more than basic.  Veuve "fits" our palate.

Our tastes are different.

As a joke, I one took a bottle of Ralph’s plain wrap Red Wine to a wine tasting party. It placed 2nd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

As a joke, I one took a bottle of Ralph’s plain wrap Red Wine to a wine tasting party. It placed 2nd.

Again, everyone's taste is different, and before meeting my husband I had my go to wines that were relatively cheap and I thought they were great until...

My husband is a WSET Level 3 graduate, and will probably progress to at least Level 4, but this is just for fun and not for work.  Now every trip home from the wine store we are drinking something different and my palate is now open to every country and every grape, and it is far more interesting than the Ralph's Red Wine.  Haha....

https://www.wsetglobal.com/

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 12:45 PM, CDNPolar said:

To me wine and art are similar - if you like it, it is good. If you don't like it, it is bad.

You think Veuve is Basic, but we like it and think that it is more than basic.  Veuve "fits" our palate.

Our tastes are different.

It's actually quite acidic, but Americans seem to like it.

I'm currently debating whether to buy the drink package (God help me) on a Norwegian NCL cruise. You're all debating about $25/day. Their basic package is $87/day. The premium package is $122/day, and it includes your basic non-vintage Veuve. I'm trying to decide if I can drink enough Veuve to make it worthwhile. 8-) And, to see how NCL operates, the $87/day doesn't include anything from the Starbucks nor bottled water. Admittedly it also includes fairly expensive wines and liquors, too.

3 hours ago, FoggyEthan said:

I'm currently debating whether to buy the drink package (God help me) on a Norwegian NCL cruise. You're all debating about $25/day. Their basic package is $87/day. The premium package is $122/day, and it includes your basic non-vintage Veuve. I'm trying to decide if I can drink enough Veuve to make it worthwhile. 8-) And, to see how NCL operates, the $87/day doesn't include anything from the Starbucks nor bottled water. Admittedly it also includes fairly expensive wines and liquors, too.

Sorry - at that price, for me/us personally, we would never drink that much daily to warrant the price of a package.  

But then, does this line offer wine included with meals?

On Viking they do, so if you are good with the house wines then for us it does not make sense to add the package as it goes up in price.

11 hours ago, FoggyEthan said:

Are you not eligible for the Free at Sea offer with $20 a day drink package? That is all I could barely justify on NCL. 
After sailing on Viking Ocean I don’t think they should be anyone’s first cruise. You have to get thoroughly “nickled and dimed” on a mainstream line to really appreciate the Viking way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zippeedee said:

Are you not eligible for the Free at Sea offer with $20 a day drink package? That is all I could barely justify on NCL. 
After sailing on Viking Ocean I don’t think they should be anyone’s first cruise. You have to get thoroughly “nickled and dimed” on a mainstream line to really appreciate the Viking way.

I'm on a Sixthman charter, "The Broadway Cruise", and so we're not eligible for Free at Sea. Or lots of other things. NCL is truly terrible. But I'm on a ship with ten or more Broadway singers, most with Tony awards or nominations, plus professional bands and pianists, so I just have to remember why I'm there 

• Like 2

On 2/11/2024 at 7:12 PM, mklions said:

I am aware that during lunch and dinner beer and wine are included in the cost of the holiday.

My question is do you need to be at a restaurant to obtain these drinks or are they available at any bar during the opening hours of lunch and dinner?

I sometimes like a beer at lunchtime but don’t necessarily want to eat food.

Thanks.

Mklions.

I appreciate your question as I've wondered the same thing.  I've read the policy but also wanted some clarity.  Guess connecting dots isn't my specialty. 

4 hours ago, FoggyEthan said:

I'm on a Sixthman charter, "The Broadway Cruise", and so we're not eligible for Free at Sea. Or lots of other things. NCL is truly terrible. But I'm on a ship with ten or more Broadway singers, most with Tony awards or nominations, plus professional bands and pianists, so I just have to remember why I'm there 

Oh! It will be worth it. The cruiseline is definitely secondary to that event. Enjoy!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, medja said:

I appreciate your question as I've wondered the same thing.  I've read the policy but also wanted some clarity.  Guess connecting dots isn't my specialty. 

Think this was discussed on page one of this thread.

There are different opinions on this, but I think the final assessment was that you had to be "near" food to have this option.  The Pool Bar is one place, and perhaps the Explorer Lounge in the Mamsen's area.

I doubt that you can be served in the Living Room, or just at the Bar in the Explorer Lounge.  It also depends on the individual server that you are working with.  We have had various interactions around things like this - one will and one will not.

Unless you are completely opposed to this, just go and sit by the window in the World Cafe and have your drink and put a bread roll on a plate in front of you...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, medja said:

Thank you.

I just got off and had no problem getting a beer or wine at the World Cafe or by the pool anytime they were open.  You need to ask the waiters as they seem to have to bring it to you.  

Go to any of the  bar or Lounge is a charge except for coffee and such.

All and  all they make every attempt to give you the experience they promised!

Edited by chipmaster