Regent vs Oceania

16 hours ago, H2O Polo Willie said:

Sailed on Oceania in January of 2023 to Antarctica.  I have to say that being presented with a 3/4 inch thick ribeye in the steakhouse was more that a bit disappointing.  It was prime rib the next time in the steakhouse which was good but they were still serving 3/4 inch rib eyes.  You learn what to avoid and I could have gotten the same steak in the dining room so nothing special about the steakhouse on that item.

Was 3/4 inch too thick or too thin?

5 hours ago, jeb_bud said:

Was 3/4 inch too thick or too thin?

When I go to a quality steakhouse ashore, I don't think I have ever seen a rib eye that thin!  And I would note that the steak was also a bit tough.  I know a rib eye is not a filet but still ...

22 hours ago, eroller said:

Food is always subjective.  Rarely will two people agree on the exact same meal.  

And I have had the same exact meal on Regent multiple times and once it was outstanding and once it was poor, so there are even more variables to consider. Same restaurant and exact same meal. That was Prime 7. I also had the same meal (steak & lobster) in CR on the same cruise and it was better than Prime 7. I will say again, Regent has work to do on delivering consistent high quality food and service. It can be hit or miss.

22 hours ago, beaujolais said:

Where ?

Certainly in travel agent advertising that I've seen. It's partially what prompted us to think about Regent and for me to start this thread. 

18 hours ago, H2O Polo Willie said:

When I go to a quality steakhouse ashore, I don't think I have ever seen a rib eye that thin!

That would be a very decent thickness here, including quality steakhouses. Comes in at 350g weight at Hawksmoor near me. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, beaujolais said:

Where ?

35 minutes ago, Harters said:

Certainly in travel agent advertising that I've seen. It's partially what prompted us to think about Regent and for me to start this thread. 

Also, someone mentioned in Waitrose magazine, and on The World's Most Expensive Cruise Ship TV series, there is a lot of emphasis on the food offering.

I just responded on the Oceania forum, so I will not repeat myself.

Like @bitob 15 cruises was enough for Oceania.  Last cruise in 2023 was on Marina.  Food was subpar.  MDR inedible, late and cold.  Buffet on Terrace was tiring.  Only reason we did that cruise was to burn 15K of free FCC. 

Last Regent cruise was on Splendor -- food was great (especially in CR) and even the 5 days we were quarantined with COVID, they gave us free choice from any restaurant.  Looking forward to next month on Explorer (just got our luggage forward tags).

• Like 1