Curious...

Daruma

2 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

That should work quite well.

BTW, use the airfryer to cook frozen biscuits.  

390 for 15 minutes, turn over, another 8 minutes.

Thanks! I’ll definitely try that.

I think the concerns are valid. They will continue as long as the cruiselines are sailing at/near capacity. They lost boat loads of money due to the pandemic. As long as we cruise lovers continue to pay more money for a lesser experience they will continue the trend. Many of us are hooked on cruising and we tell our friends and family how great it is, increasing their customer base. I still enjoy cruising, although we only go once per year. I think airfare is getting out of control as well, which affects the overall cost of our cruise vacations, and that applies to a lot of other cruisers. I did a little math, estimating the costs of 3 meals per day, 7 nights lodging at an ocean front resort, entertainment tickets, drinks etc. So far cruising is somewhat of a value. I do believe if NCL ever drops the free at specialty dining and drink packages that I would have to reconsider my loyalty to NCL.

• Thanks 2

On 2/14/2024 at 10:27 AM, UKstages said:

if people continue to sail at these prices, with these reduced levels of products and services, there may not be a marketplace correction at all.

Correct, except I'd replace "may not be" with "WILL not be". Why would cruise lines do anything to increase our value when the ships are full as it is? Economics 101 folks, supply and demand.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Correct, except I'd replace "may not be" with "WILL not be". Why would cruise lines do anything to increase our value when the ships are full as it is? Economics 101 folks, supply and demand.

Doug

It's the same reason that Toyota kept improving their vehicles even when they could easily sell every one that they could build.  Long term strategy vs. today's bottom line.

2 hours ago, LloydJr said:

It's the same reason that Toyota kept improving their vehicles even when they could easily sell every one that they could build.  Long term strategy vs. today's bottom line.

I'd be quite pleased if cruise lines would improve the value for us passengers, but I don't have that much faith it them. Good for Toyota. I did not know that, never had a Toyota car/truck. Glad someone does good just to do good!

Doug

bifire, you did the calculations in your head. now realistically try and figure out the entire costs for a family of 4 for a week in disneyworld. just staying in one of their standard hotels.  im sure you will find an ncl cruise a much better value all around.

you have your choice of cabins from inside to the haven, if you're not much of a drinker, you can waive the beverage package, you can waive the specialty dinner packages, etc. eat all y our meals in the buffet or the mdr's.

ive looked at other lines, and unless you're in the superior cruise lines, regent, oceania, etc, in terms of prices, cabin sizes etc, ncl has them all beat hands downs. have you noticed that whenever something bad happens on a cruise, it's usually a carnival vessel?  Check out the jr suite on rccl. it's the same size as a club balcony suite on ncl, and a few 1,000 more

we usually hire a cab driver when we dock at a port, and what he charges is half of what the ship wants for an excursion. what do you really consider a "lesser" experience? getting  your room cleaned only once a day. same as your hypothetical ocean front hotel (or most any hotel for that matter).

no broadway style shows? Did you really book a cruise contingent on the entertainment? 

Quality of the food? They're fixing at a minimal of 3 meals per day, for multiple venues on board, for a few 1,000 people with probably as many different tastes.

ive often posted, i book a cruise for the itinerary and the prices. Food, entertainment, once a day room cleaning are all lower scale perks that i am not concerned about. 25 + cruises with ncl in the past 14 years, and i have really nothing to complain about, other than my ongoing gripe about the hamburgers falling apart before im done with the burger. and that my friend is clearly a 1st world problem. if youve noticed, almost everything is/has gone up in price, and lloyd jr. yes, it admirable that toyota has continued to improve and up the quality of its product. have you priced one lately?

and finally, paper sniper4 what do you want as an increased experience? no company is in business to give their product away. what experiences have you had to date where to were not satisfied

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

and lloyd jr. yes, it admirable that toyota has continued to improve and up the quality of its product. have you priced one lately?

Yes.  I bought one in July.  Worth every penny. 😎 

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

i have really nothing to complain about, other than my ongoing gripe about the hamburgers falling apart before im done with the burger.

Rumor has it that the buns in the now complimentary American Diner are different. I'm not going to count on it, but there is always hope.

On 2/14/2024 at 9:11 AM, Daruma said:

So, there are numerous posts here, and on other lines' forums, regarding the decline in food quality, portion size, services, (such as going from 2 cabin cleanings per day to one), etc, etc, and then on top of taking away, they're also increasing the cost to cruise. 

As someone who has not cruised in 15 years, and never on NCL, and has a cruise coming up on April 13, 2025 on the Escape... I'm getting a bit concerned about the value. 

Now, it's possible, though not probable, that by then the cruise industry/NCL will have recovered from the pandemic funk, and will begin transitioning back to better food, portions, and various and sundry services, (BWAHAHAHA... now there's a fantasy for you, lol). 

However, I'm more inclined to think things will either stay as is, or get even worse.

So, my question... do you think that most of these complaints are over blown, and just people being nitpicky? Or very true, but isolated and uncommon?

I mean, in today's internet world if a fly farts in Zimbabwe we hear about it. Plus, when things go well, we tell our friends... when they go poorly we tell EVERYBODY, lol. 

Just curious as to the thoughts of the frequent and well seasoned cruisers here regarding this. 

Thank you for your time. 

I am curious as to why your post has such a vague inquiry line.......