Waves Grill Changed to Table Service Only?

harryw

7 minutes ago, Snaefell3 said:

Please have some mercy for folks who do fact-check and miss what's in front of their eyes.  ::raises hand::

Oh, she-gawd, yes! Guilty as charged. But I have BBS - busy brain syndrome - so that excuses me some.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still currently on Vista. Some days table service only some days you can also order and get a number. Seems to depend on the crowd. Today is an at sea day so more people in terrace so both are available. Either way you get to sit and enjoy the wait….where else ya gonna go anyway!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just got off Riviera last week (Singapore to Bangkok).  Late lunch time was pretty busy on occasion and no table was available in either the Terrace Cafe or Waves Grill (a lot of people on their phones).  On two occasions I ordered at Waves but told the order taker that I had no table.  He couldn't comprehend the situation.  I had to point to a corner of Waves where I could stand to await my order.  Reluctantly he took my order and when it was filled I had to step forward to retrieve it from a very confused waiter.  Somehow the food didn't taste as good in my cabin.

• Like 2

Just off Vista in January (10-nights).  The Waves system where you get a number and go to a table worked very well.  One night we even took our number to the air-conditioned Terrace Grill and they found us easily.  

As others have pointed out, being on a 10-night cruise meant all dining opened at 6:30.

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2024 at 12:05 PM, harryw said:

A poster currently on Vista indicated table service only at Waves. Does anyone 

1. know if this is going to change permanently fleet wide  and the reasoning?

Yes. It is table service now. We were on the Vista for the 1q2 night Jan.19 cruise.One of the reasons is it removes a lot of the crowding in the area. You place your order & they bring it to your table. Another thing is it helps prevent pax from taking the food to the loungers by the pool, where some klutzes have made a mess on the loungers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1