Live From Oasis of the Seas 2/18-2/25!

3 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

The cover charge is insane at over $17 now with gratuity but as part of the package it's a great added value. Happy to see lunches still included.

That is crazy insane price when it used to be so much cheaper. No way I am eating there with my family. Not paying $68 for hamburgers. 

• Like 5

Still a handful of kids in the solarium. They are behaving at least I guess but it is a little disappointing it is being allowed.

I'm not the most observant person but I don't think this window in the solarium was busted yesterday.

20240219_171042.thumb.jpg.fd5719e8157312b90589bcf0ff4bc9a7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Pochi Hanaki said:

That is crazy insane price when it used to be so much cheaper. No way I am eating there with my family. Not paying $68 for hamburgers. 

Yea they are out of hand with the price increases. Problem is, they were still at capacity inside and serving people outside, in terrible weather. Until demand goes away, they are going to keep pushing boundaries.

My first time there was 2021 and I feel like the price was $10 so that is quite a jump in less than three years.

• Like 2

The crab cake was very good. All crab and no filler.  The sauce on the side gave it a nice zing and I enjoyed the small bite of corn.

It could have been a little hotter. It was warm, but typically the food here is piping hot. I'm literally 20 feet from the kitchen.

Black pepper bacon 638.

17083859341242820898776082652821.thumb.jpg.baa91795b8d0d95f6780dc29bdb1814a.jpg

• Like 1

The last couple times I've gotten that it's been much smaller than it used to be. This was a nice big fat piece. 

I still really enjoyed it but with a piece that big, it was hard to get it crispy and it became a texture issue for me again.

Spicy jumbo shrimp side of gyuere tator tots and creamed spinach 648.

17083864867845766887944559251787.thumb.jpg.e78a95f960586909afac06489a20a0e2.jpg

17083865023295906317960582456162.thumb.jpg.0d521e88dcd1ad9be6bd07f92ec48857.jpg

• Like 3

I always order my spicy shrimp extra spicy because I find they sometimes don't put enough heat to it. They delivered on that request tonight. Very spicy, just the way I like it. I find I enjoy the seafood here better than the steaks but at cost I feel obligated to order a steak. On the package, I am not worried as much about getting value. 

The sides were also quite enjoyable and I especially appreciated the creamed spinach to take in between bites of spicy shrimp to cool down the fire.

The red velvet cake rounded out a great meal. It is not overly sweet but just sweet enough to be delicious without that sickly sweet taste you can sometimes get from a red velvet cake. I'm not even a fan of red velvet usually, but this one is very very good. I would trade a smaller slice of the bacon for a bigger slice of the cake though as it was a little small. I left more than full. In fact I could once again lay down and sleep the night away.

Service was friendly and efficient. I love when they pick up on the fact that as a solo diner, I don't need a 90-120 minute dinner experience. They have typically always been very good at that on every Royal Caribbean cruise at specialty dining. MDR, not so much.

Going to rest for five, two minutes top and then get back out there. I would love to go to sleep right now at 7:20, but tonight is silent disco which is the only thing keeping me going. If I thought I could set an alarm and get out of bed for it, I would totally do that but I know I would sleep the night away 😅

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Going to rest for five, two minutes top and then get back out there. I would love to go to sleep right now at 7:20, but tonight is silent disco which is the only thing keeping me going. If I thought I could set an alarm and get out of bed for it, I would totally do that but I know I would sleep the night away 😅

I get like that after dinner too - so I try and avoid going back to the cabin where the bed looks so inviting lol! Come back and let us know if the silent disco is worth staying up for?

Also, thanks for posting the JR Breakfast menu - my cabin is on deck 6 very close to the entrance of  the Boardwalk, so it would be convenient for me vs, the Windjammer. Assuming there is no cover charge for breakfast at JR's?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

I get like that after dinner too - so I try and avoid going back to the cabin where the bed looks so inviting lol! Come back and let us know if the silent disco is worth staying up for?

Also, thanks for posting the JR Breakfast menu - my cabin is on deck 6 very close to the entrance of  the Boardwalk, so it would be convenient for me vs, the Windjammer. Assuming there is no cover charge for breakfast at JR's?

No cover, a couple upcharge items.