Enchanted Princess afternoon tea

mali06

My research shows that the Enchanted Princess has afternoon tea on every day of the cruise.  But I was wondering if anyone has been on the Enchanted recently and knows if this is true or not.

39 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

It's not everyday. In our experience it will be every sea day at 3 or 3:30 p.m.

That is what I thought too but this ship lists it differently.  So it might be ship specific.  Plus we only have one sea day on our itinerary to New England/Canada.

1 hour ago, mali06 said:

That is what I thought too but this ship lists it differently.  So it might be ship specific.  Plus we only have one sea day on our itinerary to New England/Canada.

Where are you seeing listed differently? Is it on a Princess site? On the Enchanted Princess information page on the Princess web site, it just lists Afternoon Tea as one of the dining options but does not specify the days it is offered so just curious if you could be looking at something that is dated? Afternoon tea was served daily once upon a time, but that has not been the case for awhile now as the ships have transitioned to just serving it on sea days.

53 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

It might not have been well attended... And, I don't believe it is still offered,  but the Royal Tea always looked super nice!!!   I was tempted a couple of times, but never did it.  Would be great for mother daughter grandma opportunity!

It was fabulous!  I mean the tea, scones and sandwiches were pretty much the same as what was offered in the MDR but the whole experience was something else.  And we did exactly that - it was a mother, (grand)daughter, grandma opportunity.  Wish they'd bring it back.  

1 hour ago, karatemom2 said:

Where are you seeing listed differently? Is it on a Princess site? On the Enchanted Princess information page on the Princess web site, it just lists Afternoon Tea as one of the dining options but does not specify the days it is offered so just curious if you could be looking at something that is dated? Afternoon tea was served daily once upon a time, but that has not been the case for awhile now as the ships have transitioned to just serving it on sea days.

I found a list of all Princess dining venues on all ships . . . it listed which ships each venue is on.  I know it is current because it has the new restaurant line up for the Enchanted for any sailings starting in April this month.  I compared the list to the new deck plans on the Princess site to verify the list was correct.  Soooooo . . . this list gives all the days/times/costs etc. for every dining venue.  When it came to the Afternoon Tea it gave no specific day, just the time,  which then would indicate that it is everyday.  I wish I had written down where I found this list.  I just wrote down all the info for each venue.

Just now, strobellayjam said:

It was fabulous!  I mean the tea, scones and sandwiches were pretty much the same as what was offered in the MDR but the whole experience was something else.  And we did exactly that - it was a mother, (grand)daughter, grandma opportunity.  Wish they'd bring it back.  

We did it a couple of times. I think it was only offered on the Royal Class ships and I believe we paid $25 per person. You did get the higher end loose tea selection which was nice, but I haven't seen it offered on any ship recently. I'm still a big fan of the regular afternoon tea - best I've every had on the Sky this past summer sailing out of Southampton. It felt like they stepped it up a bit, maybe because of all of the Brits onboard!

23 minutes ago, mali06 said:

I found a list of all Princess dining venues on all ships . . . it listed which ships each venue is on.  I know it is current because it has the new restaurant line up for the Enchanted for any sailings starting in April this month.  I compared the list to the new deck plans on the Princess site to verify the list was correct.  Soooooo . . . this list gives all the days/times/costs etc. for every dining venue.  When it came to the Afternoon Tea it gave no specific day, just the time,  which then would indicate that it is everyday.  I wish I had written down where I found this list.  I just wrote down all the info for each venue.

I'm afraid you might be confusing the fact that they don't list specific days with thinking it is an everyday schedule. It is not. Afternoon tea in the dining room is only served on sea days now. Just one of the things that has changed with Princess over time, probably because there was just not enough demand on port days when most people are out and about, so they couldn't continue to justify the food and staffing. Lunch in the main dining room is no longer offered on port days either.

12 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

I'm afraid you might be confusing the fact that they don't list specific days with thinking it is an everyday schedule. It is not. Afternoon tea in the dining room is only served on sea days now. Just one of the things that has changed with Princess over time, probably because there was just not enough demand on port days when most people are out and about, so they couldn't continue to justify the food and staffing. Lunch in the main dining room is no longer offered on port days either.

Well,

12 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

Well, I guess we will just wait and see how this ship handles it!  🙂

16 hours ago, mali06 said:

Could you please post your list of dining venues. I was interested in peoples opinions on the specialty dining venues. 

55 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

They will also serve scones, cream and jam in the Pastry area of the buffet on Sea Days 

My favorite part of afternoon tea - especially when the scones are warm. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tweety522 said:

Could you please post your list of dining venues. I was interested in peoples opinions on the specialty dining venues. 

OMG . . . I will have to search for it because I did not save it.  I only wrote down what applied to the Enchanted.  If you want that info, I can definitely post it.  Just say so!

48 minutes ago, tweety522 said:

@tweety522   Here is a list of all venues on every ship

https://www.princess.com/content/dam/princess/corporate/pdfs/restaurants-dining-venues-on-board.pdf.coredownload.inline.pdf

• Like 1