Live from the Meraviglia 2/18

kh6275

18 hours ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

If I counted correctly there are 117 YC suites on Meraviglia. Do you know how many each Butler/Junior Butler team are assigned? Do you know how often they rotate their sections? Looking forward to April. And meeting everyone you listed. 

There were seven regular butlers introduced at the reception, so two per main YC deck (one starboard and one port, I guess) and I'm guessing one for the suites.  Depending on the number of cabins, a butler could have two junior butlers. Don't think they rotate sections.

On 3/17/2024 at 9:59 AM, JAGR said:

There were seven regular butlers introduced at the reception, so two per main YC deck (one starboard and one port, I guess) and I'm guessing one for the suites.  Depending on the number of cabins, a butler could have two junior butlers. Don't think they rotate sections.

Would you know what capacity the YC was at your week?

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

Would you know what capacity the YC was at your week?

"Capacity" (available spaces) never changes.  If you are asking about load facto, I would guess about 80%.

Edited by JAGR

On 3/13/2024 at 11:44 AM, JAGR said:

Unfortunately, yes and no!. Rooms on his floor and area were available. but they wanted $2300 to change to a balcony from an interior, and I wasn't willing to pay that much. Last year on Meravilgia, it cost $498 to upgrade total for two of us, and about the same seven months before that on Seashore. Since I was just traveling as a solo, I wasn't willing to pay that. My preferred butler still took care of me when out and about in the public areas, and my assigned butler was his friend and he took great care of me as my primary butler. All in all, it worked out great, and they were out able to help me with getting a ceremony together to put some of my wife's ashes to rest at sea.

JAGR: oh my goodness, I'm sorry to hear about your wife's passing. I did so enjoy reading all of your cruise adventures together here on CC. I think it's beautiful that you got to perform a ceremony to put her ashes to rest at sea. I've asked the same of my family when my time comes. May peace find your soul.

Is that THE Vishnu from Mauritius who's back as the Concierge now?! I plan on future booking the Mera for next April out of NYC when sailing the Divina in 2 weeks. I would love to have him working the YC again!!

22 hours ago, psmarkle said:

Is that THE Vishnu from Mauritius who's back as the Concierge now?! I plan on future booking the Mera for next April out of NYC when sailing the Divina in 2 weeks. I would love to have him working the YC again!!

Unfortunately, no. A different, but still very nice Vishnu!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2024 at 12:19 PM, JAGR said:

Who is the captain? We are on in two weeks.  Looking forward to seeing Arthur again in the YC Dining Room!

Arthur is on the Mera!!!!??? REALLY???!!!

Also, I am reconfirming before I book YC again (last sailed January 2019) that the alcohol package is included.

Thank you.

16 minutes ago, js said:

Arthur is on the Mera!!!!??? REALLY???!!!

Also, I am reconfirming before I book YC again (last sailed January 2019) that the alcohol package is included.

Thank you.

He is (as maitre'd), and it is included.

4 minutes ago, JAGR said:

He is (as maitre'd), and it is included.

Oh my! I will have a year so a lot can change but he always remembered my mom and me when we would sail on the Seaside when he was a waiter. I talked about him  A LOT!

Love him and hope he stays another year LOL

Fab about the alcohol package. 
Thank you so much you are always so helpful.