Navigator of the Seas- Disembarkation Walkoff Time

Trying to arrange flight home- looking at booking an American Airlines flight that departs SNA- John Wayne Airport at 11:40am.. Want to walk off with Bags and catch an Uber.  Can anyone assist with the first available time to walk off the Ship.. Arriving on 5/24 after a 4 night cruise... Greatly appreciated

Is it doable??? Thank you  

2 minutes ago, Cruising to Retirement said:

Trying to arrange flight home- looking at booking an American Airlines flight that departs SNA- John Wayne Airport at 11:40am.. Want to walk off with Bags and catch an Uber.  Can anyone assist with the first available time to walk off the Ship.. Arriving on 5/24 after a 4 night cruise... Greatly appreciated

Is it doable??? Thank you  

If there are no delays they will start walk offs between 7:30 - 8. The bigger issue will be souths traffic on 405 at that time of the morning to SNA but should be ok. 

• Like 1

Walk off with self debarkation and even with Friday morning traffic you will be to John Wane before 9am. Uber picks up at two locations, be sure to use berth 93 and the Swinford street address.  Specify Navigator, Celebrity and Ncl could be there at the same time. 

• Like 1

100% doable.  I’ve been on Navigator over 10 times (and probably more like 15-20..lol) since she’s been on the West Coast.  I’m regularly off the ship and in my car by 7:30am when I self-assist and carry my luggage off myself.  They are very efficient with disembarkment process.  Just know there’s usually a line that starts with all self-assists, so if you’re really worried, you could get in line by 7am and wait until the ship has clearance.  

You will hear the “you never know…” responses, but I have yet to be significantly delayed with disembarkment - I usually go straight to work after my weekend cruise.  

Facial recognition gets you through customs super quick and you don’t even need to get your passport out.  

At disembarkment, there are two exits at the port to go down to customs area - try to get out at the front of the ship versus the back - just less walking out which will ultimately be a few minutes quicker.  The back exit “backtracks” to the front…hard to explain, and not a huge difference…just something I’ve noticed having done this multiple times.  Know as you approach customs, passport holders are on the right and birth certificate people are on the left - just so you are prepared.  If you have a passport, know that once you’ve split from the birth certificate side, the passport splits into two lines.  I’m still trying to decipher which passport customs line is quicker - the left or right!

• Like 1

Apparently, I'm the only person who's ever had to wait much to get off Navigator.  The only time I sailed on her there was some delay in letting us off, and it was past 8:00 before they started letting people disembark.

Having said that, I wouldn't worry about an 11:40 flight.  John Wayne is the best, so even if you pull up to the airport at 11:15 there's a good chance you'll still make your flight.

• Like 2