Best resort for day pass with good beach close to port

mwrules1

16 hours ago, mwrules1 said:

I don t want to take ship tour and Isla Verde beaches dont look that great or am I wrong?

To the contrary, IMO Isla Verde is probably the best overall stretch of beach in metropolitan San Juan. Certainly much better than Condado, where the beach is mostly very narrow and there can be significant  undertow.

Of the hotels offering day passes available through the vendor cited above by @PORT ROYAL I've stayed at the Royal Sonesta (under a different hotel brand name), the Fairmont El San Juan, and the Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort and they are all on excellent stretches of beach. The Royal Sonesta and El San Juan are located adjacent to each other and the Courtyard is about a half mile further and across the street from the airport.

I spent a day at the Vevo Beach Club last week by the airport.   We had the place to ourselves most of the day.   Decent food plus the Ocean Lab Brewery is there for great craft beer.   It's $80 for the day entrance during the weekday.  Probably have to be a member to get in on the weekend.  Beach was nice but pretty narrow.  You can walk a long ways on the beach there.

Edited by Clubber

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2024 at 8:04 PM, Clubber said:

I spent a day at the Vevo Beach Club last week by the airport.   We had the place to ourselves most of the day.   Decent food plus the Ocean Lab Brewery is there for great craft beer.   It's $80 for the day entrance during the weekday.  Probably have to be a member to get in on the weekend.  Beach was nice but pretty narrow.  You can walk a long ways on the beach there.

Our cruise on Princess is offering an excursion there in November for $55pp.  for 4 1/2 hrs.  Are there free lounges and/or umbrellas on the beach?

I only remember a few chairs on the beach.   Everyone that day was sitting poolside with plenty of chairs and umbrellas.  there was no charge for that since you paid to get in.

20240212_111521.jpg

20240212_111533.jpg

20240212_111602.jpg

20240212_111607.jpg

20240212_111609.jpg

20240212_111619.jpg

20240212_111658.jpg

20240212_111711.jpg

20240212_111714.jpg

20240212_115712.jpg

20240212_141143.jpg

• Thanks 1