1st time Viking Ocean- what are evenings like?

ParrotheadG

5 hours ago, formernuke said:

NOt quite the same, but the shows are also available some time later on the room TV's.

The theater shows, port talks etc were broadcast live and then available for later viewing on the Star in November. Very relaxing. 

On 2/22/2024 at 8:05 AM, chipmaster said:

Well good for the crew.  I hear after the restaurants close the crew also works to clean it.  Neither is relevant to me.

i have never been on a cruise where the gym hours were so short and limiting.  I appreciate most of the demographic spends little to no time exercise, Still leaving it open probably late and early probably not going to impact nor limit the crew.   

I did squeeze in some workouts and would have no issue working out with the crew over the other passengers.

What are the hours of the spa and gym? TIA!

17 hours ago, ParrotheadG said:

This may vary a bit from itinerary to itinerary, but I'm pretty sure the Gym was 06:00-20:00 - we used to get there just after 06:00. I can't help with Spa hours.

12 hours ago, WanderingBrit said:

This may vary a bit from itinerary to itinerary, but I'm pretty sure the Gym was 06:00-20:00 - we used to get there just after 06:00. I can't help with Spa hours.

I believe the Spa hours match the gym

On 2/25/2024 at 8:47 PM, ParrotheadG said:

Very limited,  on our cruise was 6am to 8pm.   All I know it was shock to me how early it closed, but again given the demographics maybe not.  We wanted to use the spa facilities after an early dinner CLOSED *****!    I wanted to do it late after a dinner and before the Super Bowl onboard at 12:30 am, CLOSED.  Pretty much unless you skip time in port or some other thing, CLOSED. 

Edited by chipmaster

30 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

Pretty much unless you skip time in port or some other thing, CLOSED. 

There were plenty of folks in the gym just after it opened at 06:00, and we weren't missing time in port or anything else 🙂

Just now, WanderingBrit said:

There were plenty of folks in the gym just after it opened at 06:00, and we weren't missing time in port or anything else 🙂

I guess I party too late in the night on vacation to want to do 6am, LOL.   I only do that when I'm working, I'm on vacation 😉 

I'd be curious what the gym crowd at 6am is on Viking 

6 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

I'd be curious what the gym crowd at 6am is on Viking 

I never saw anyone else on a rower - I'm 10K every day on my Concept 2 at home so have around 43 minutes just staring at folks 🙂 - but the ellipticals, treadmills, and bikes were well used. I don't think anyone else was on them quite as long as it took me to finish my daily row.

The resistance machines next to the rower got pretty regular use too, and there'd often be a couple of folks with yoga mats or free weights in the larger open space.

We found that there is a regular crowd in Torshavn most nights: it’s a very good late-night venue (well, later night, anyway) IMO. We enjoyed the Viking Band and the singers, and stayed, and danced, until the end of the last set (about midnight) most nights.