December 2025 itineraries

j_anandu

Hello and not sure if this has been addressed but I noticed that all December 2025 itineraries are showing as sold out. Does anyone know what’s going on ? I can’t assume that these cruises are actually sold out, and all the ships can’t be on charter or going through refurbishment. This is showing across all the fleet and only in the month of December 2025. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, j_anandu said:

Hello and not sure if this has been addressed but I noticed that all December 2025 itineraries are showing as sold out.

Just baffling why Seabourn would affirmatively turn away people to look elsewhere for their December 2025 travel interests. Why not just disclose when booking will be available to new guests? Encourage people to come back or have their TA's check for them. Tout the early booking benefits of being repeat guests. Etc. Somebody should be sacked for this stupidity.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Robisan said:

Just baffling why Seabourn would affirmatively turn away people to look elsewhere for their December 2025 travel interests. Why not just disclose when booking will be available to new guests? Encourage people to come back or have their TA's check for them. Tout the early booking benefits of being repeat guests. Etc. Somebody should be sacked for this stupidity.

Exactly my thought too. Imagine how many people go online interested to book a cruise for those dates, see they are sold out and move to book on other lines. Really dumb. 
especially when the expedition cruises are available to book for those dates, only the ocean cruises show sold out. Head scratcher on who came up with this idea. 

I think the issue with cruises not yet on sale to the general public showing "sold out" is not as brain-dead/stupid as it's being labeled. They want to have a way to show upcoming cruise itineraries that are open for early booking to invited guests. The part of the website which shows cruise itineraries is not built to be conditional — to show or hide certain cruises based on someone's status, or even whether you are logged in or not. Of course, anything can be addressed with programming, but that would likely require some extensive redevelopment of the main part of the website. I think the easier fix would be for them to make two easy changes:

1) In their emails/letters marketing special pre-public booking opportunities, include a sentence to say: "These itineraries are not yet open for booking by the general public, so the website will show them as 'sold out'; you need to contact your Seabourn representative or travel agent for pricing and to book during your special early access period."

2) Instead of "Sold Out", display "Coming Soon" when the status is open for early booking. (Or it could say "Pre-sale", but that would probably prompt calls from people asking "how do I get the pre-sale?" when they aren't invited/eleigible.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruiseej said:

2) Instead of "Sold Out", display "Coming Soon" when the status is open for early booking. (Or it could say "Pre-sale", but that would probably prompt calls from people asking "how do I get the pre-sale?" when they aren't invited/eleigible.)

"Available now for past Seabourn guests. Please call [ph#] or contact your travel agent today for pricing. Welcoming new Seabourn guests [date]."

Problem solved. This is not rocket science.

• Like 4

I just looked at one of the "invitation only" cruises next year, and it now shows the prices, but where it normally has a "Book Now" button, it shows "Call to Book":

image.thumb.png.c2aff954e72f98bc888c54f425e98fc0.png

That's better than showing "Sold Out" for a cruise which isn't. I didn't look at these one the website previously, so I don't know if this is a recent change in response to the complaints.

So… problem solved? Or are there some still showing "Sold Out" when they are actually in a pre-sale?

I guess the question is: what happens if someone happens to see one of these and calls, but was not part of the invited Seabourn club members? Would Seabourn allow them to book, or would they politely tell them that the cruise is only available for pre-booking to some guests now, but will become available to everyone on a specific future date?

Friend rang Seabourn last week who has only sailed on them once on a 7 night cruise to book a Dec 25 cruise.

They asked her for her Seabourn membership number. Once logged into her account they told her the launch sailing cruises were not yet available for her to book.

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2024 at 9:04 PM, nancygp said:

Pricing for the December 25 itineraries and early 26 are now on the website

nancy

Based on past history, when might they release the balance of 2026?  Seabourn will give us an a10% discount if we rebook a cruise by May 1 for the one we canceled yesterday. Would like to get something in the Arctic, if possible.

41 minutes ago, Queen of DaNile said:

Based on past history, when might they release the balance of 2026?  Seabourn will give us an a10% discount if we rebook a cruise by May 1 for the one we canceled yesterday. Would like to get something in the Arctic, if possible.

Last summer, possibly early august, I was able to book summer/fall 25 cruises.  Not sure if this is the norm

Don’t think it is the same each year;

Booked November 22 for November 24 on release for Transatlantic

Booked March 23 for June 24 on release for med

1 hour ago, Queen of DaNile said:

The Red Sea issues I'm sure are very problematic and may continue to be.  My guess is they will be a little later than normal hoping that something changes for the better there but realistically my guess is they are planning to keep running ships around Africa to get them between Asia and Europe which is very disruptive to a business.  Then there's the water level issues in the Panama Canal which also could get worse.  With Suez Canal and Panama Canal both having their own issues it's a tough bind to be in when running a business.

• Like 1