LIVE from Discovery: Feb 24 - Mar 2

New2cruise2022

Disembarkation was very smooth.  We were given a late time, but that was appreciated by the teenagers and 22 year old. Princess did a good job slowing the process at times because the terminal or pickup area was too full.  There were several general announcements with helpful updates throughout the morning. 

Overall, we were very pleased with our last week and will be returning to Princess. Thanks to all those who followed along. We'll be providing additional information as we review all the photos, videos and notes that we made.  We'll add these as new threads.  If you still have any questions, please reach out or comment.  Thanks all!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, milogurd said:

Were there any noise problems with the bar/pool area above your cabin?

TIA!

No. The three boys were staying in that cabin (M418) and we had zero complaints from them. 

Really enjoyed your trip and following along.  I noticed that there were some MDR menus not shown, was that because you had done the "casual dinning"?  If you have pics of them and add them to your website it would be great!!  Thank you again for all your time

1 minute ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Really enjoyed your trip and following along.  I noticed that there were some MDR menus not shown, was that because you had done the "casual dinning"?  If you have pics of them and add them to your website it would be great!!  Thank you again for all your time

I have some more menus to upload.  I think we might have missed one night.  I will be posting what we have.  We still need to add reviews, and other meal pictures.  We'll keep uploading the site.

2 minutes ago, drwbrt said:

I have some more menus to upload.  I think we might have missed one night.  I will be posting what we have.  We still need to add reviews, and other meal pictures.  We'll keep uploading the site.

WOW!!!  That was fast!  Thanks again

2 minutes ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

WOW!!!  That was fast!  Thanks again

Medallion Net was not the speed-limiting factor; it was the fun we were having. Now my alternative to CC is work...so I'm quicker to respond.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

I think I've uploaded everything.  I couldn't find any other MDR menus. It looks like we are missing days 3, 6, and 7. We have pictures from Day 6, but not the menu.  We didn't eat MDR on days 1, 3, or 7.

It is all reorganized on the page though; it might be easier to find them now. 

Edited by drwbrt
added link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Thanks for your review and postings of menus. Here are day 3, 6 and 7 and the Kids Menu. 

Thanks for saving the day @suzyluvs2cruise! @CulverCityCruisers here are the missing menus.  I'll be posting to the site as well as PDFs (these will be searchable).

Day 3

IMG_6724.thumb.JPG.4d23db77e1f8c90a7461326834cea679.JPGIMG_6725.thumb.JPG.b744c4a273fcfcef5ab4b238451c69fe.JPG

Day 6

IMG_6726.thumb.JPG.e9088488ad707af4d6366accaa155871.JPGIMG_6727.thumb.JPG.1c04c8501ee30c8104f28abeaf703cae.JPG

Day 7

IMG_6729.thumb.JPG.d193db9c843074784c58591badf4577f.JPGIMG_6730.thumb.JPG.e4b6c2de0cc342146c793d3ec2c48805.JPG

Kids Menu

IMG_6728.thumb.JPG.ce12f4d4f88765608065fa22c05a46d7.JPG

Thanks for the kid's menu. I would think it would be similar across the fleet. Sailing the end of April on the Caribbean with my younger daughter and her family. The youngest granddaughter has an egg allergy so that menu will help. We do plan on talking to the staff about it at our first dinner.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

Thanks for the kid's menu. I would think it would be similar across the fleet. Sailing the end of April on the Caribbean with my younger daughter and her family. The youngest granddaughter has an egg allergy so that menu will help. We do plan on talking to the staff about it at our first dinner.

Send an email to the dietary department asap. Let me know if you need the email address. 

28 minutes ago, Bali505 said:

Do they not have complimentary lobster in the MDR for formal night anymore?

They do.  On our cruise this was a surf and turf (filet and lobster tail) on the second formal night. Additional entrees of steak and lobster were $10.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

MDR staff are very good with any dietary restrictions. Speak to the Head Waiter the 1st night and he'll make sure your granddaughter gets the food she wants/needs.  

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

4 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Send an email to the dietary department asap. Let me know if you need the email address. 

1 hour ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

MDR staff are very good with any dietary restrictions. Speak to the Head Waiter the 1st night and he'll make sure your granddaughter gets the food she wants/needs.  

Thank you.

13 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I had Steak/Lobster on night 6 in the MDR - it's on the menu as Land/Sea and was delicious.

MDR Steak n Lobster.jpg

I had this in the Main dinning room and also the Crown Grill. The service and flavor was actually much much better in the Main Dinning room. And yes it is cold water lobster. The Crown grill service and steak was disappointing, but the lobster was good, except for the cold drawn butter and cold plate.

Thank you so much for posting all this information and allowing me to take the journey with you. My husband and I will be on the Discovery in May and we are really looking forward to it.