Price Protection Form

Has anyone had recent experience in submitting price protection forms?  I've submitted a price protection request for a September cruise twice and haven't had a response either time.  Yes, it was an early saver fare and yes, the new fare was cheaper with the same onboard credit and deposit.  Is Carnival still honoring their price protection policy?

Twice I’ve had no luck with filling out the form. The first time was for a cruise last summer. Filled it out twice and never heard back. Most recently I filled one out a few days ago, for an upcoming cruise, and haven’t gotten a response yet. Planning to try calling tomorrow. 

Edited by bowen9475
  • Like 1

I've never had an issue filling out the form, and actually used it last week for an upcoming voyage. Here's the URL I've always used:

https://www.carnival.com/core/requestforms/priceprotection.aspx

Also keep in mind if you used a travel agent for whatever reason, you need to go through them for this. Carnival can't help you if you used a TA.

• Like 1

I got a denial email this afternoon. It said it was denied because apparently I didn’t book under Early Saver. I called to ask more about it and the Carnival employee I spoke with saw the denial but was able to rebook me under a slightly lower rate. Only saved $52 but every little bit helps. 

• Like 1

So, back in October, I submitted the form for my upcoming cruise, and it resulted in them sending me a cancellation notice for "lack of deposit" even though I had it all squared away, in theory. There was a slight difference between the deposit I paid originally and the deposit necessary for the new rate code. Fortunately, I saw the email right away and was able to call and get it sorted out but I almost missed out on the stateroom I wanted. I'll be careful of that in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2024 at 2:28 PM, Lee Cruiser said:

Has anyone had recent experience in submitting price protection forms?  I've submitted a price protection request for a September cruise twice and haven't had a response either time.  Yes, it was an early saver fare and yes, the new fare was cheaper with the same onboard credit and deposit.  Is Carnival still honoring their price protection policy?

I've tried in the past and had difficult on the excursions getting credit as it had to be 100% the exact same as Carnival and they'd always find one item that was off.