Maleth confirms end of P&O partnership

minsterman

On 2/2/2024 at 8:21 PM, Yorkie69 said:

Apologies but a week into the cruise and this is the first time we have had any time with internet to update on how things planned out on our flight from Gatwick. As you know, we were 6.5 hours late to depart and arrived into Antigua 21:00. We were told on the plane by the pilot that the delay was indeed known by all parties the previous day as the plane needed maintenance in France and bad weather meant it had to put back the flight time.It was decided to not tell passengers and just ensure we were at the airport in case any time could be made up. It wasn’t and the plane was still in France at 1pm. We were told that a P and O rep would meet us at the airport and explain and apologies, they weren’t and the delay was not acknowledged by any staff on the ship, frustrating many of us. We went to reception on the first day to explain our frustration and was told the flight liaison officer would contact us. After a further two days and no one contacting us we again returned to reception to be advised that the flight liaison officer had left a message on our phone, they hadn’t. We again were told we would be contacted. On day five, with still no contact to discuss our flights we were told again we would be contacted that day but we refused to move until the manager responsible had come to see us. Ten minutes later we had our flight delay invoice/details. We have been given a free meal in the Epicurian too for the poor way the whole episode was dealt with. For balance, the cruise has been amazing so far and all the staff have been as excellent as ever. I do feel that the reception staff have been told to fob people off with regards to the flight issues as it seems most people complaining are getting similar statements around a manager contacting them but having to keep chasing up the issue. You can see the smile disappear whenever anyone says “Maleth Aero” at reception! One week

left before the flight back and we just hope that the delay isn’t as severe.

The flight itself was ok but the plane is poor. My seat had tape around the 1970’s orange valour head rest to keep it together! The cabin staff were very good and drinks and food were ok.

I hope all those that are flying to the Caribbean don’t suffer with Maleth (the Flight liaison Officer stated the contract will not be renewed) as it was like flying a poor Ryanair flight long haul.

So the original flight was delayed because of bad weather in France so the plane was delayed and the company’s was hoping to make the time up which they was unable to do, so the biggest complaint is lack of information from Maleth which seams to be a justified complaint as I  have read many times.

Tui had weather related delays yesterday.  The inbound Bristol flight from Bridgetown diverted  to Birmingham.   This had a knock on impact on the Manchester departures which had one running three hours behind schedule.

Maleth on the other hand operated all flights on schedule this weekend with most actually landing ahead of schedule. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, cheshire said:

Maleth on the other hand operated all flights on schedule this weekend with most actually landing ahead of schedule. 

I feel that some people on here will think that posting something positive about Maleth is not in the spirit of the thread😇

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, Bazrat said:

So the original flight was delayed because of bad weather in France so the plane was delayed and the company’s was hoping to make the time up which they was unable to do, so the biggest complaint is lack of information from Maleth which seams to be a justified complaint as I  have read many times.

It is the lack of information from Maleth or P&O’s to ensure a 9+ hour wait in an airport could easily have been avoided.

1 hour ago, Yorkie69 said:

It is the lack of information from Maleth or P&O’s to ensure a 9+ hour wait in an airport could easily have been avoided.

What ever way you look at it the 9+ hour wait would of happened regardless if they gave communication. What ever airline you fly with they always say come at the time specified.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

What ever way you look at it the 9+ hour wait would have happened regardless if they gave communication. What ever airline you fly with they always say come at the time specified.

As any delays are likely to be approximate, giving such an estimate commits them to it. If it turns out that the delay is less severe, if every passenger is at the airport they can leave at the earlier time. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yorkie69 said:

When we was in the States we was delayed at Newark for 6 hrs, only information we was given was to keep an eye on the boards.

2 hours ago, Yorkie69 said:

apologies for jumping on this thread -  i cant seem to find where it started !

Just to let you l was delayed on  a Maleth Aero flight LGW to Barbados on 6th January . 

I have created a post on Martin Lewis's website (forums- search flight delays section).  The thread is for anyone that has made a flight delay claim with Maleth Aero,  to report any progress/lack of progress with claims.

Thanks 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bazrat said:

When we was in the States we was delayed at Newark for 6 hrs, only information we was given was to keep an eye on the boards.

I hated it at Newark airport

The night we flew home from there - despite huge queues and problems 95 per cent of the staff went home at midnight and refused to work overtime to help overcome problems caused by a security scare earlier in the evening

And yes there was zero communication

11 hours ago, seahorse001 said:

Just to let you l was delayed on  a Maleth Aero flight LGW to Barbados on 6th January . 

I have created a post on Martin Lewis's website (forums- search flight delays section).  The thread is for anyone that has made a flight delay claim with Maleth Aero,  to report any progress/lack of progress with claims.

Thanks 

Does he also have a thread to discuss progress for flight delay claims for Tui?

1 hour ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Doubt she would need one. December 2022 delayed 4 hours 10 minutes, form provided by reception of Britannia on arrival, completed whilst onboard and forwarded to TUI.  Compensation in my bank account before I returned home.

The thread the lady started is quite specific to her flight and is simply asking if anyone has had an acknowledgement to the form being completed - as per P&O's guidance - and also offering the link and address to try to claim from.  It's quite a reasonable thread although needless to say others are jumping in with their two pennath.

Rather worryingly looking at the various threads on other sites discussing Maleth no one seems to be saying they've had an acknowledgement let alone any compensation under the regulations.  There was a lot of discussion in this thread about how much compensation people could expect from Maleth for the long delays with people suggesting very large sums would be paid out.  It seems the wait is to see if this is actually the case or whether the reality is somewhat different.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

im not sure. its a forum the same as this where people can post questions etc. There is specific section for flight delay. why not start a post  for Tui yourself if there isn't one ?

13 hours ago, seahorse001 said:

Thanks 

It started with page 1.

2 hours ago, seahorse001 said:

im not sure. its a forum the same as this where people can post questions etc. There is specific section for flight delay. why not start a post  for Tui yourself if there isn't one ?

I'm going to assume it's a bash Maleth agenda on there and delays on Tui arent a concern or highlighted when they happen?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Doubt she would need one. December 2022 delayed 4 hours 10 minutes, form provided by reception of Britannia on arrival, completed whilst onboard and forwarded to TUI.  Compensation in my bank account before I returned home.

The thread the lady started is quite specific to her flight and is simply asking if anyone has had an acknowledgement to the form being completed - as per P&O's guidance - and also offering the link and address to try to claim from.  It's quite a reasonable thread although needless to say others are jumping in with their two pennath.

Rather worryingly looking at the various threads on other sites discussing Maleth no one seems to be saying they've had an acknowledgement let alone any compensation under the regulations.  There was a lot of discussion in this thread about how much compensation people could expect from Maleth for the long delays with people suggesting very large sums would be paid out.  It seems the wait is to see if this is actually the case or whether the reality is somewhat different.

The sums are set by the authorities. It's not upto maleth or tui to decide how much is it?

As far as I know?

And no doubt Maleth will pay like the rest of them

There's tables on how to calculate what you are owed depending on the length of the flight and the length of delay last time I looked which was only recently 

Just got home from a 12 hr flight from Cape Town 

On a dreamliner with Virgin. Nice food and service. Standard seats.  Reasonably comfortable (as it can be in the circumstances) 

However directly in the seat behind me was a baby who screamed 50 per cent of the flight

And incredibly directly in the seat in front of me was another baby  who screamed 50 per cent of the flight

The 2 babies between them somehow managed to scream at opposite times

So 100 per cent of the flight between them and you could even hear them clearly with headphones on full volume

Absolute nightmare 12 hrs in that respect 

That prepares me pretty much for anything Maleth can throw at me next week I hope!!

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

The sums are set by the authorities. It's not upto maleth or tui to decide?

As far as I know

There's tables on how to calculate what you are owed depending on the length of the flight and the length of delay last time I looked which was only recently 

On a dreamliner with Virgin. Nice food and service. Standard seats.  Reasonably comfortable (as it can be in the circumstances) 

However directly in the seat behind me was a baby who screamed 50 per cent of the flight

And incredibly directly in the seat in front of me was another baby  who screamed 50 per cent of the flight

Absolute nightmare 12 hrs

That prepares me pretty much for anything Maleth can throw at me next week I hope!!

Yes the amounts are set BUT eligibility is another thing altogether.  The airline has to respond, they haven't it appears.  All over the web people are asking if it's acknowledged,/paid to anyone.  Answer seems to be no.  

I agree on Virgin, they flew me home from Barbados on Saturday after my extended stay in hospital/hotel waiting to be well.  Very comfortable.  It was an hour late departing but made it up and into Heathrow early.

Perhaps you can request adults only areas on planes going forward!

I hope your right on Maleth.  They were on time on Saturday from Barbados.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

The sums are set by the authorities. It's not upto maleth or tui to decide how much is it?

As far as I know?

So 100 per cent of the flight between them and you could even hear them clearly with headphones on full volume

One of our sales managers lied 50% of the time. It was difficult to know which 50%.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Yes the amounts are set BUT eligibility is another thing altogether.  The airline has to respond, they haven't it appears.  All over the web people are asking if it's acknowledged,/paid to anyone.  Answer seems to be no.  

I agree on Virgin, they flew me home from Barbados on Saturday after my extended stay in hospital/hotel waiting to be well.  Very comfortable.  It was an hour late departing but made it up and into Heathrow early.

Perhaps you can request adults only areas on planes going forward!

I hope your right on Maleth.  They were on time on Saturday from Barbados.

Is it possible to request adult areas on flights without paying surcharge

I think mine was just allocated automatically when we checked in?

We did think they should keep families with young children together and not put single adults or couples literally in the middle of them

Where possible

We saw other families with babies dotted around the flight as well. Didn't seem to be any method to it

19 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

As far as I know?

I heard both parents at separate times say

"They aren't normally like this - I think they are teething!"

Lol

We just grinned and beared it

We've been there ourselves with our babies screaming on planes albeit furthest we tried with babies was the Canaries

11 minutes ago, zap99 said:

One of our sales managers lied 50% of the time. It was difficult to know which 50%.

Just out of interest was they saying you was doing a good job.

16 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Is it possible to request adult areas on flights without paying surcharge

I think mine was just allocated automatically when we checked in?

We did think they should keep families with young children together and not put single adults or couples literally in the middle of them

Where possible

We saw other families with babies dotted around the flight as well. Didn't seem to be any method to it

No child free flights as far as I know.

Virgin generally use the bulkhead for babies.  Sitting further away should help.  There were babies on my flight bit I was so drugged up I fell asleep so no idea if they screamed!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

No child free flights as far as I know.

Virgin generally use the bulkhead for babies.  Sitting further away should help.  There were babies on my flight bit I was so drugged up I fell asleep so no idea if they screamed!

We were sat very near the back of the plane

4 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

This is in relation to Maelth, not TUI. Passengers are struggling to get any response to their claims from Maleth. As others have said, many passengers are experiencing this and it is appearing in comments across the internet. 

Passengers are allowed to voice problems and ask questions. 

9 minutes ago, CarlaMarie said:

This is in relation to Maelth, not TUI. Passengers are struggling to get any response to their claims from Maleth. As others have said, many passengers are experiencing this and it is appearing in comments across the internet. 

Passengers are allowed to voice problems and ask questions. 

Would imagine vast majority of people involved in talking about it weren't  on delayed flights and aren't due any compensation but are on the anti Maleth bandwagon

Based on what I've seen to date

I just like to see Tui and Maleth treated equally etc

I'm flying Maleth next Friday to barbados from Manchester

Will give them an honest comparison compared to Tui last year and Virgin that I've just experienced 

I'm praying  I'm not behind or in front (or next to) a baby 

• Like 3