Mexican Riviera port times, ship time and DST?

I am on the Norwegian Bliss March 10-17. On the itinerary it says we port in Puerto Vallarta on March 13 at 7 AM. I am trying to decide if it’s 7 AM ship time and is ship time in PST? and what time it will be in Puerto Vallarta at 7am ship time considering the state of Jalisco does not observe daylight savings time and is in the CST time zone?  Trying to figure out if I can make it to a non NCL excursion meeting spot in port by 820 am. 

I was going to post a very similar thread to this but I'll just ask my question in here.

I'm travelling on the Joy from Miami to Roatan, Harvest Caye, Cozumel and Costa Maya on March 16th.

As far as I can tell, the entire Mexican state of Quintana Roo (which contains both Mexican ports) are on Eastern Time but don't observe DST which means they'll be an hour behind Miami by the time of this cruise.

Also Belize and Honduras are both in Central time and don't have DST either so they'll be 2 hours behind Miami.

What is NCL's policy on changing ship time to reflect local time?

4 hours ago, Seattle Sea Gal said:

I am on the Norwegian Bliss March 10-17. On the itinerary it says we port in Puerto Vallarta on March 13 at 7 AM. I am trying to decide if it’s 7 AM ship time and is ship time in PST? and what time it will be in Puerto Vallarta at 7am ship time considering the state of Jalisco does not observe daylight savings time and is in the CST time zone?  Trying to figure out if I can make it to a non NCL excursion meeting spot in port by 820 am. 

NCL usually changes the ship's clock to match the local time in port. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, edin_cruiser said:

I was going to post a very similar thread to this but I'll just ask my question in here.

I'm travelling on the Joy from Miami to Roatan, Harvest Caye, Cozumel and Costa Maya on March 16th.

As far as I can tell, the entire Mexican state of Quintana Roo (which contains both Mexican ports) are on Eastern Time but don't observe DST which means they'll be an hour behind Miami by the time of this cruise.

Also Belize and Honduras are both in Central time and don't have DST either so they'll be 2 hours behind Miami.

What is NCL's policy on changing ship time to reflect local time?

When we did this itinerary last May, we went back 1 hour leaving Miami and forward 1 hour leaving Cozumel. 

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

When we did this itinerary last May, we went back 1 hour leaving Miami and forward 1 hour leaving Cozumel. 

Interesting. Does that mean you were 1 hour ahead of local time in Roatan and Harvest Caye?

13 hours ago, Seattle Sea Gal said:

I am on the Norwegian Bliss March 10-17. On the itinerary it says we port in Puerto Vallarta on March 13 at 7 AM. I am trying to decide if it’s 7 AM ship time and is ship time in PST? and what time it will be in Puerto Vallarta at 7am ship time considering the state of Jalisco does not observe daylight savings time and is in the CST time zone?  

I took the Mexican Riviera cruise on Bliss this past January.  When we got to Puerto Vallarta, they didn't change the ship time, even though it was different from Port time.  They announced this a number of times.  Even if people missed the announcement, it wouldn't have mattered, because they just would have gotten back to the ship earlier than they needed to.

So, in your situation, my prediction is that it will be 7 AM ship time.  But you never know.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL usually changes the ship's clock to match the local time in port. 

Just did LA to Miami.

In the Dailys every day it will tell you what to set the clocks to.

The ship will always be at "local" times.

• Like 1

Did Bliss to Mexican Riviera in November right after the switch from daylight saving time.  In PV, the ship time was one hour behind PV time.  In your case, arriving in PV after switch back to daylight saving time, both ship time and local time should match.  7 am ship time = 7 am PV time.

2 hours ago, pete_coach said:

Just did LA to Miami.

In the Dailys every day it will tell you what to set the clocks to.

The ship will always be at "local" times.

They also left printed noticed in each cabin the evening before each of the (multiple) time changes.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 5:28 PM, Seattle Sea Gal said:

PV is one of the easiest ports for getting on - off the ship.  Very nice dock facilities.  The dock workers and NCL workers seem to get along well, which helps.  The port has a good sized bus area that is not as confusing as most cramped bus areas.  The exit is to a main street, so you move away quickly.

For you, it depends on where the meeting spot is located.  There are a couple small streets on the outside the south entrance of the port building.  If you are using Vallarta Adventures, they have an office inside the port building.  It is a 5 to 10 minute walk from the ship to outside the port building, depending on your speed and  tendency to stop and look at the shops.

Be up early to watch the Bliss enter the port with the last 5 ships lengths in reverse.  

On 2/25/2024 at 3:28 PM, Seattle Sea Gal said:

So, I just got off this cruise yesterday. Both Mazatlan and Cabo were one hour ahead of Pacific Time, and the ship's time matched. But in Puerto Vallarta, the time on land and ship's time were an hour apart, as Puerto Vallarta is on Central Time (or the Mexican equivalent), 2 hours ahead of Pacific. So, for instance, we were able to leave the ship at 7:00 ship time, but it was 8:00 PV time, etc.

As I recall, we had to be back on the ship at 6:30 in PV (5:30 ship time), 5:30 in Mazatlan and 1:30 (last tender at 1:00) in Cabo, which was not great (i.e., too early).

Sometimes the ship is NOT on local time.

When on a cruise I turn OFF the automatic time on my phone and set it manually, changing it when necessary. Then I KNOW I’m on ship time.

All aboard time is posted at the exit. Make sure you are on SHIP time. Be back on time and watch for pier runners.