Saver fares

TMSA

Hi all. If a saver fare has sold out, is that it gone for good? I found a thread from 2018 whereby it turned out to be a technical glitch and the saver fares came back. I watched this one sell out for inside cabins and now has gone for balcony so doesn't seem to be an error. I should have booked. Just wondering if they ever come back or if that is it now. TIA.

40 minutes ago, TMSA said:

Hi all. If a saver fare has sold out, is that it gone for good? I found a thread from 2018 whereby it turned out to be a technical glitch and the saver fares came back. I watched this one sell out for inside cabins and now has gone for balcony so doesn't seem to be an error. I should have booked. Just wondering if they ever come back or if that is it now. TIA.

Try doing a dummy booking on the P&O web site, it will show if there are empty cabins. Cabins do become available sometimes especially around 3 months before when the balance is due or if there are cancellations. You could also contact P&O or a TA and ask to be wait listed.

• Thanks 1

Thank you. There are cabins as the select fare is still there. It's just the saver that has gone but it was a lot cheaper. Its past balance due date too

8 minutes ago, TMSA said:

Thank you. There are cabins as the select fare is still there. It's just the saver that has gone but it was a lot cheaper. Its past balance due date too

I would contact a good online TA and get them to check out the saver availability.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TMSA said:

Perhaps the saver fares will be replaced nearer the time with 'Late Saver' fares?  Or have they done away with those?

1 hour ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

Perhaps the saver fares will be replaced nearer the time with 'Late Saver' fares?  Or have they done away with those?

The op said cruise in question is past balance due date, so more likely very little availability now, so P&O are trying to sell any remaining cabins as the more expensive select fare.  I know that has happened on a couple of Aurora cruises I have been looking at. 

As someone has suggested doing a mock booking will show how many cabins are now available.  Of course they now have upgrade bids as an extra source of income if the odd few cabins are still available before the cruise sails.  I suspect the cheapest cabins are out soon after balance payment dates, perhaps two or three weeks later when some people have cancelled, as also said by a previous poster here.

Saver fares just came back and I managed to book. It seems, like the thread in 2018, that P&O like to see if anyone will pay more over the weekend 😉.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TMSA said:

Saver fares just came back and I managed to book. It seems, like the thread in 2018, that P&O like to see if anyone will pay more over the weekend 😉.

Or perhaps a computer glitch.  Glad you are now booked.

Just now, TMSA said:

The Saver fares can, and do, re-appear but obviously it depends on a lot of factors such as availability, demand and movement through upgrades. The prices of them can change as well. 

To use our current cruise (Aurora Grand Tour 65 nights) as an example;

We booked a Saver fare around a week after balance due date. We paid a lot less than the Saver price shown on the P&O website as we were told it was a ‘Late Saver’. The day after we booked the price dropped by £2k and was less than half the Select fare! I managed to get the £2k refunded but that’s incidental!  The term ‘Late Saver’ never appeared on the website. It still just said Saver, but the price had dropped 

This late Saver disappeared after a week or so and only Select fares remained, however, some weeks later they re-appeared. This happened several more times during the period up until departure but every time the Saver re-appeared it was at the lowest price that we had paid. 

EDIT - I didn’t see that you had managed to book until after I posted. Well done!

Edited by Selbourne
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Selbourne said:

The Saver fares can, and do, re-appear but obviously it depends on a lot of factors such as availability, demand and movement through upgrades. The prices of them can change as well. 

To use our current cruise (Aurora Grand Tour 65 nights) as an example;

We booked a Saver fare around a week after balance due date. We paid a lot less than the Saver price shown on the P&O website as we were told it was a ‘Late Saver’. The day after we booked the price dropped by £2k and was less than half the Select fare! I managed to get the £2k refunded but that’s incidental!  The term ‘Late Saver’ never appeared on the website. It still just said Saver, but the price had dropped 

This late Saver disappeared after a week or so and only Select fares remained, however, some weeks later they re-appeared. This happened several more times during the period up until departure but every time the Saver re-appeared it was at the lowest price that we had paid. 

EDIT - I didn’t see that you had managed to book until after I posted. Well done!

I hope you are enjoying your cruise. I haven't read your live as I'll just get jealous at the itinary and it not being an option with my kids 🙃

1 hour ago, TMSA said:

I hope you are enjoying your cruise. I haven't read your live as I'll just get jealous at the itinary and it not being an option with my kids 🙃

Your time will come (not wanting to wish your life away) 😂

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Your time will come (not wanting to wish your life away) 😂

It already feels like it's flying by. Obviously goes without saying that I love my kids more than a cruise. I just want to take them with me, but maybe not 65 nights. 14 is challenging enough 🤣. I'll have to have a little read though to see how you're getting on

Just now, TMSA said:

It already feels like it's flying by. Obviously goes without saying that I love my kids more than a cruise. I just want to take them with me, but maybe not 65 nights. 14 is challenging enough 🤣. I'll have to have a little read though to see how you're getting on

We always said that about 4 weeks would be our maximum. We are now towards the end of week 8 and still coping. It’s also good training should we ever have to go into an old folks home 😂

• Haha 8