Miami traffic and port parking

Buffettphan1

We are cruising on the Grandeur next Wednesday. Having a bit of anxiety about the drive and parking situation at the port. 
We are leaving at 3 am from Sarasota/ Bradenton area via 75 to Miami. Expecting to be in downtown Miami between 6 or 7 am. 
any advice, pointers or tips to make this a success is greatly appreciated!

1 hour ago, hrhdhd said:

You're arriving in Miami a little early; do you have plans for breakfast or a stop somewhere? Boarding probably won't be until 11 or later.

My fear is not getting through the traffic, or getting lost and then not being able to park in the G terminal garage if it fills up. 

Im a worry wort

In the future consider spending the night. We come from the Tampa area and spend the night at Intercontinental Doral….NOT the one by the port. They have a great park and cruise package. You can park your car, get a $25 Uber card which covers almost all of fare, have access to the Club which includes free drinks, appetizers, full breakfast….stress free.

• Like 1

If you drive, try to miss morning rush hour from Weston to POM, as a fellow poster noted, boarding will not start untill all pax are well off the ship.  You really would not need to leave Sarasota until 7am, no waiting to board and lunch will be served.

6 hours ago, neptuno said:

If you drive, try to miss morning rush hour from Weston to POM, as a fellow poster noted, boarding will not start untill all pax are well off the ship.  You really would not need to leave Sarasota until 7am, no waiting to board and lunch will be served.

My fear is I will be to late and the parking on site will fill up

Remember that when you are parking in a port garage (which I highly recommend), if you arrive before the disembarking passengers have left the ship and the garage you may not find a parking space.  As others have recommended, by 10:30 garage spaces will be plentiful.  Definitely not so at 7 am or 8 am.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 12:04 AM, neptuno said:

23 hours ago, capriccio said:

Remember that when you are parking in a port garage (which I highly recommend), if you arrive before the disembarking passengers have left the ship and the garage you may not find a parking space.  As others have recommended, by 10:30 garage spaces will be plentiful.  Definitely not so at 7 am or 8 am.

Thanks for the helpful advice. We have decided to drive down the day before and spend 5he night at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. 

4 hours ago, Buffettphan1 said:

Thanks for the helpful advice. We have decided to drive down the day before and spend 5he night at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. 

Going the day before is a good plan.

We live in Punta Gorda and usually drive down the same day for Miami and Ft.L.  We leave here around 7:30.