Princess Ocean Now

artvlay

Going on Island Princess in a few months and I'm curious about Ocean Now.

What are your impressions/experiences?

Is it a good feature? When you order food how long does it take to get it delivered? 

Thank you.

1 hour ago, artvlay said:

Going on Island Princess in a few months and I'm curious about Ocean Now.

What are your impressions/experiences?

Is it a good feature? When you order food how long does it take to get it delivered? 

Thank you.

Just my thoughts & experiences....it's not very consistent so bear in mind it could go better or worse at any given moment....

Overall - Pretty good.  Not perfect.  Definitely struggles at busy times.  Food, I'd generally bank on 30-45 mins.  Drinks maybe half that, but drinks are especially subject to "rush hour".  If you look up at the bar and there's a massive crowd piled around it, the app isn't likely to help too much.  Bar staff are likely completely overwhelmed and they prioritize the people standing in front of them over the app.  In situations like this your order could either take a very long time or just never be filled.  Definitely had a few situations where the order status switches to "delivered" and it was definitely not delivered.  Sometimes it'll still show up after it gets marked delivered, but there's a decent chance it has just been lost to the ether and you'll never see that drink.

Edit: I'm guessing the disappearing order is more common amongst orders from people with a beverage package (always me) vs not, I know I'd be a lot more annoyed if I was paying out of pocket for an order that didn't show up, but I'd be curious if people experience this with orders where they're paying a la carte.

Edited by PMGS247
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

Definitely had a few situations where the order status switches to "delivered" and it was definitely not delivered. 

This would not be great if it was counting towards your 15 minimum and you are historically close to hitting that ceiling.  Has anyone had this happen, I am guessing a trip to guest services? 

1 hour ago, cnice515 said:

This would not be great if it was counting towards your 15 minimum and you are historically close to hitting that ceiling.  Has anyone had this happen, I am guessing a trip to guest services? 

I've wondered the same.  If I ran into that situation I'd probably go to guest services or make a call....having said that between my wife and I we've typically got enough room for error on the 15 that we've never had to face it.

36 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

I've wondered the same.  If I ran into that situation I'd probably go to guest services or make a call....having said that between my wife and I we've typically got enough room for error on the 15 that we've never had to face it.

Same here I expect, don't know for a fact since I have not had to be concerned with a max, but it still should not potentially be an issue.  They should have built in some functionality to dispute the delivery if one never actually happened.

1 hour ago, cnice515 said:

Same here I expect, don't know for a fact since I have not had to be concerned with a max, but it still should not potentially be an issue.  They should have built in some functionality to dispute the delivery if one never actually happened.

yeah it has the option to live chat with crew, but that's not likely to yield anything, at least not on the spot.  When they're busy they typically just don't respond.  The system in general just really suffers during peak demand....all aspects.  Your best bet would be the next morning when things are quiet.

As for the 15 max I assume you're travelling with someone who also has 15.  Be mindful when you're ordering either on the app or at the bar who's account drinks are being charged to if you're ordering for both people.  On the app it's very easy to tell since you're probably each logged into your own phones.  At the bar if you're concerned about it you'll probably have to specifically ask them to charge it separately or they'll most likely charge both to whomever orders them.  My wife and I alternate which phone we use for drink refills.  Done properly you basically have 30 drinks between two people.

6 hours ago, cnice515 said:

If you were getting close to your limit of 15 I doubt you'd be capable of a trip to guest services. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, leck57 said:

If you were getting close to your limit of 15 I doubt you'd be capable of a trip to guest services. 

Not the case for many people. Not everybody is the same.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, leck57 said:

It was a light hearted comment. Oh boy.

2 hours ago, cnice515 said:

Sometimes it is hard to tell a smart aleck in writing 😅

Text can be a very poor medium for nuance. Sorry about that.

Edit: By way of apology I will give a "heads up" that March 3rd is International Irish Whiskey Day.

https://nationaltoday.com/international-irish-whiskey-day/

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Text can be a very poor medium for nuance. Sorry about that.

All good mate.👍