Captain's Club Wine Tasting

StephSch

12 minutes ago, StephSch said:

We will be going on Reflection on March 24th, but cant remember what the Captain's Club Wine Tasting is. Do you know what wine tasting event this happens during? 

Just a sample of a few wines hosted by a sommelier. The CC wine tasting is held in the MDR on a sea day usually at 11:AM. Check your onboard CC sheet for where and when details. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

It’s usually on a sea day at around 11am. You will get a list of events in your cabin - I believe it’s for Elite and above 

I looked on the Benefits sheet online and it says Select and above. We are newly Select and didnt know if it was it's own event or a separate.. interesting. 

17 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Aaah , maybe I’m getting it confused with the music & mixology event 

The M&M event is for Elite and above. Wine tasting is for Select and above. We've enjoyed the M&M events we've attended. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

You have two options for wine Tasting, the Free one for CC members Select and above normally is simple, classic wines with bread sticks (same as you get for dinner), and a little talk about each wine. They also have a Wine and Cheese, a paid event, with a selection normally from the Primuim Wine category and paired with cheeses. We've done the free CC one on every cruise we've been on sense we got to select. It's a crap shoot and what type of people you get, the one we just had on Apex was nice and quick. Not a lot of questions. Last year on the reflection, guest kept asking about Box wine and the acceptability of serving it at a party. (I just enjoyed the wine and bread).

It's a nice little event to attend for 30-45mins on a sea day, normally around 11. Followed by the Premium paring right after. 

• Like 1

Note that you are likely to need a reservation for the free wine tasting event. On my last cruise, I tried to reserve a couple of days in advance and was put on a waitlist, which I eventually cleared. Our tasting was done in the front half of Blu dining room, so capacity was limited. In times past, the event was held in a section of the main dining room and had a larger capacity. On our 14-day cruise, there were two free wine tasting events. 

4 minutes ago, SFCAcruiser said:

Note that you are likely to need a reservation for the free wine tasting event. On my last cruise, I tried to reserve a couple of days in advance and was put on a waitlist, which I eventually cleared. Our tasting was done in the front half of Blu dining room, so capacity was limited. In times past, the event was held in a section of the main dining room and had a larger capacity. On our 14-day cruise, there were two free wine tasting events. 

On all our CC sheets it said, "RSVP required. Space is limited".

7 minutes ago, doghog said:

On all our CC sheets it said, "RSVP required. Space is limited".

How do you register? Can you do it before or do you have to wait until you are onboard? 

Thank you for all your insights!

42 minutes ago, StephSch said:

How do you register? Can you do it before or do you have to wait until you are onboard? 

On board only, like others said the info will be in your room when you go drop your luggage off.  Usually have to call or find the CC hosts to sign up for this.  I have skipped this in the past as usually have bev package.  

46 minutes ago, StephSch said:

No the RSVP can only be done while onboard.