Question re $25 credit to compensate for Princess changes to inclusions

Boarded Majestic today. 

Recently received an email from Princess re guests to receive $25AUD regional spending credit for Plus/Premier package guests who booked before 14 December 2022 (package price rise date) to compensate for new changes to inclusions announced July 2023.  The email also states guests on standard fares will receive this credit but it's a bit ambiguous if the 14 December 2022 date applies to those on standard.

Has anyone on standard booked after December date but before announcement of inclusion changes received this $25 credit once on board?

1 minute ago, Tripmode33 said:

Has anyone on standard booked after December date but before announcement of inclusion changes received this $25 credit once on board?

As far as I can recall reading, it has been only given to those who successfully argued their case at Customer Services.

• Like 1

I received this email from Princess as well and at no time during my 20 day cruise was it added to my OBC.

I read after I returned home you had to go to passenger services to have it added.

If they send you an email saying you will receive it, it should automatically be added on, but in my experience it wasn't.

My advice is to do what Arxcards mentions and go to passengers services and ask.

The OBC should at least pay for a couple trips to Alfredo's or for some room service deliveries or other things that were included when you booked.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tripmode33 said:

Boarded Majestic today. 

Recently received an email from Princess re guests to receive $25AUD regional spending credit for Plus/Premier package guests who booked before 14 December 2022 (package price rise date) to compensate for new changes to inclusions announced July 2023.  The email also states guests on standard fares will receive this credit but it's a bit ambiguous if the 14 December 2022 date applies to those on standard.

We left Majestic today. Definitely no $25 credit! Majestic once again give us something else again though……Covid!. 

I was on standard fare on Royal Princess a couple of weeks ago , Booked in March 2023 well before the announcement in July 2023 of new Ocean Ready charges. And like many was annoyed that previously included benefits were now chargeable. So went to Guest Services armed with paperwork/ screenshots of timelines and requesting the $25 goodwill . Might as well not have bothered - absolute stonewall and not worth having bothered with.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for replies.

Will try guest services but hold very little hope of scoring the $25!

Hopefully no covid for us!  After reading your post in theatre and couple coughing behind us, decided to mask up.

Supposed to sail at 4pm, but still tied up at circular quay at 7.30!

3 hours ago, Tripmode33 said:

Boarded Majestic today. 

It's already on our account for our world cruise that departs end of April. It should show up on your account as Guest Onboard Credit.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tripmode33 said:

Thanks for replies.

Will try guest services but hold very little hope of scoring the $25!

Hopefully no covid for us!  After reading your post in theatre and couple coughing behind us, decided to mask up.

Supposed to sail at 4pm, but still tied up at circular quay at 7.30!

We took all precautions. No tendering, no buffets and no crowds. Take care, but enjoy your holiday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robncruise said:

I was on standard fare on Royal Princess a couple of weeks ago , Booked in March 2023 well before the announcement in July 2023 of new Ocean Ready charges. And like many was annoyed that previously included benefits were now chargeable. So went to Guest Services armed with paperwork/ screenshots of timelines and requesting the $25 goodwill . Might as well not have bothered - absolute stonewall and not worth having bothered with.

Shame, as your experience would leave you with a bit of a sour taste. Short sighted of Princess - as they said on United flights many years ago, something along the lines of "thank you for flying United, we know you have a choice, thank you for choosing United" - you have options, I would have thought the warm fuzzies alone would be well worth $25.

2 hours ago, resordanis said:

We left Majestic today. Definitely no $25 credit! Majestic once again give us something else again though……Covid!. 

That sucks.  How long was your cruise?  Hope your symptoms are mild 

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's already on our account for our world cruise that departs end of April. It should show up on your account as Guest Onboard Credit.

If you had one of the older packages, it showed automatically. Any that had standard and booked after Dec 2022 did not receive the OBC automatically. Some scored it by negotiation, others haven't.

We also had Princess prizes in our premier package last week, and it showed on our folio as part of the package - but no, got fobbed off with lame excuses, playing dumb, and a promise that a senior service staff member would contact us - they didn't. Prizes has disappeared from the  Australian version of the premier package since we booked that cruise, but they were not going to activate it for us, nor were they going to credit the value of it to our account.

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

That sucks.  How long was your cruise?  Hope your symptoms are mild 

Only 7 days, which was surprising. I don’t have it yet, but husband does…..nothing is mild with DH😩

13 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's already on our account for our world cruise that departs end of April.

Thanks for that Julie,

I've had a look at our account for the WC and there is $25 credit each listed under Guest Onboard Credit. I found this in the credits section on the Payments and Credits page.

I wouldn't have known it was there if Oz Kiwii hadn't mentioned about it.

1 hour ago, sewgood said:

Thanks for that Julie,

I've had a look at our account for the WC and there is $25 credit each listed under Guest Onboard Credit. I found this in the credits section on the Payments and Credits page.

I wouldn't have known it was there if Oz Kiwii hadn't mentioned about it.

It was referenced on the related topic of the time. A pity it didn't have something more descriptive, as it is easily tangled with booking & shareholder OBC's.

13 hours ago, arxcards said:

If you had one of the older packages, it showed automatically. Any that had standard and booked after Dec 2022 did not receive the OBC automatically. Some scored it by negotiation, others haven't.

But if you booked after Dec 2022 you would have been booking under the new conditions so wouldn't be eligible for the OBC surely? 

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

But if you booked after Dec 2022 you would have been booking under the new conditions so wouldn't be eligible for the OBC surely? 

I think it depends on the date for 2022. We booked early December 2022 and not eligible for new package, but did get the extra OBC for Sydney to Yokohama cruise.

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That is how Princess saw it. They relented on those with packages purchased at the lower (pre-Dec 2022) prices. Those with later packages were unaffected by the changes. My comment was relevant to those on standard fares.

Those with standard fares also sought to be compensated, as the conditions around Ocean Now & Alfredo's had changed after they booked. For those on standard fares, they were equally affected for all bookings made prior to July 2023 when Princess botched the changes. Princess didn't want to compensate, as they wanted people to upgrade out of Standard. Some were compensated at guest services early in the season, but it seems the ships have since been told not to apply any compensatory OBC to anyone that hasn't received it to their booking from Princess.

• Like 1

We received the $25 each for our October cruise. Apparently it was refundable OBC. Somehow we didn’t spend it and had a credit on our account of $37. We received an email from Princess that said we had to give our banking details to USBC. They sent ,I think, 3-4 emails but because we will not put banking information on an email Princess got to keep the money. We didn’t mind as we didn’t use the app on board and don’t know if we ever will. 
Juls

On 3/1/2024 at 4:31 PM, Tripmode33 said:

Boarded Majestic today. 

On Majestic in December,  took email to guest services who copied email to check with Head office and it was applied the following day 🙂