Princess is spoiling my view.

I saw elsewhere that she missed her early departure time, but I'm not sure why, so had to wait until 6:45pm. That happens quite a bit in Sydney.

Not sure why Majestic would miss the early departure time. We arrived by 5.30am and left before 7 and many were off well before us. I must say our departure from the ship was handled very well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Not sure why Majestic would miss the early departure time. We arrived by 5.30am and left before 7 and many were off well before us. I must say our departure from the ship was handled very well.

Lots of possible reasons: a medical emergency (which happened on our recent Virgin cruise; a delay in delivering supplies (which happened on a Majestic cruise in 2018); a possible delay in passengers arriving by plane who were booked through eZair - it doesn't make much difference to their itinerary timing if the ship leaves during the later timeslot or the earlier one.

• Like 1

Love the spoiled view. The first time we stayed at the Rocks Rydges, back when it was the Old Sydney Holiday Inn, the same complaint was levelled at the hotel. Some booked for the wonderful view of the Opera House from the rooftop pool, but there was a different ship spoiling their view every day.

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

Love the spoiled view. The first time we stayed at the Rocks Rydges, back when it was the Old Sydney Holiday Inn, the same complaint was levelled at the hotel. Some booked for the wonderful view of the Opera House from the rooftop pool, but there was a different ship spoiling their view every day.

Another place that cruise ships “spoil” the view is the lovely indoor/outdoor cafe at the MCA (Museum of Contemporary Art)

• Like 1

Hahaha, we used to have an advert on TV, I can't for the life of me remember what it was for, but a big cruise ship was docked alongside some apartments. An apartment resident gets up in the morning, starkers, opens his drapes while yawning and stretching, to the horrified looks of the passengers surveying the view from their balconies 🤣 Maybe something interesting to see afterall!

• Like 1

If you ever stay in the Hilton in Auckland that's something you have to be careful of if your room faces to the east. That side of Princes Wharf is the second cruise terminal. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

If you ever stay in the Hilton in Auckland that's something you have to be careful of if your room faces to the east. That side of Princes Wharf is the second cruise terminal. 

Yes, it was there that the ad was filmed. As well as the Hilton at the end of the wharf, there are also apartments 🙂

3 hours ago, Jean C said:

Yes, it was there that the ad was filmed. As well as the Hilton at the end of the wharf, there are also apartments 🙂

We've stayed in the apartments opposite the Hilton. No cruise ships on one side. We were very lucky one year. Although we hadn't realised it when we booked one of the days we were there was the start of the next leg of the round the world yacht race. We had prime positions for the start! 

They are very nice 1br apartments. We were very sad they were fully booked last time we were in Auckland.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We've stayed in the apartments opposite the Hilton. No cruise ships on one side. We were very lucky one year. Although we hadn't realised it when we booked one of the days we were there was the start of the next leg of the round the world yacht race. We had prime positions for the start! 

They are very nice 1br apartments. We were very sad they were fully booked last time we were in Auckland.

I looked at buying one when they were new. It was a good position, on an upper level of the front right-hand corner of the middle block, facing north east (ie, the side the cruise ships dock, with a view to Rangitoto). What put me off was the one bedroom (my daughter lived with me at that stage) - although she was keen to make it work somehow) and the fact they had a 50 year lease. At the time I figured I could still be alive when the lease expired and didn't want in my advanced years to have to pay a fortune to renew it 💰