New to NCL: how is the Teppanyaki restaurant on the Jade

Not sure about the Jade, but on her sister ships, the Jewel and the Pearl, we've enjoyed the show and the food.  We've got a short 4-day cruise coming up on the Breakaway where we only get 1 specialty dinner and Teppanyaki is the one we booked.

Teppanyaki is always one of our go-to restaurants. A show and great food!

BUT,,, there is very limited seating on the Jade. If you want Teppanyaki, logon exactly 12 midnight eastern time 120 days prior to departure (130 if you are in a suite, 125 if you are in a Club Balcony or a Top Tier Latitudes member) to make reservations. 

3 hours ago, jamin jul said:

Hello.  I am new to NCL.  How is the Teppanyaki restaurant? I think I have 2 speciality restaurants included in my booking.  Do you recommend it? Thanks so much. 

Just off the Jade. Teppanyaki has three dining times per evening…5.30, 7.30 and 9.30 p.m. Very enjoyable if not a little noisy. Cost, if paying, is U$59. If you go, and are trying to reduce your salt intake, think about requesting a lower amount of soy sauce used in your rice and meat/chicken etc. Enjoy!

it used to be a must go-to whenever we were on an ncl cruise. lately the food has gone down slightly, ny strip rather than filet, the so-called show is the same all the time, maybe the chef's change them one in a while. anyway while i would not presume to discourage you from trying it out, or attempting t o put the kibbosh on your dinner plans, to me it's no longer a need. 

i consider it a couple of steps below your neighborhood benihana's

• Like 2

We dined there this past summer on the Jade.  My wife really likes it for the show (and any meal she is not cooking is a great meal).

I find the food good (but I would pick Cagney's or Los Lobos over it) and very plentiful.

6 hours ago, jamin jul said:

Hello.  I am new to NCL.  How is the Teppanyaki restaurant? I think I have 2 speciality restaurants included in my booking.  Do you recommend it? Thanks so much. 

Not sure if your ship has it, but La Bistro is my favorite, but then again I really enjoy French food.

Posted (edited)

The food is okay. There is a lot of food! It’s not bad for a free meal, but not worth full price if you have to pay. I’ve eaten there on 2 different ships, mostly because my daughter wanted to. They put on a good show but don’t expect an onion volcano because of open flame restrictions. It is extremely loud. We found it to be very slow to get drinks and impossible to talk to each other because of the noise. 

Whether it’s recommended depends on if you like the noise and a show and if you don’t mind a lot of “okay” food

Edited by Tallulah20
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

Personally I would not bother to going there again but some people swear by it.

I went once several years ago with other solos. The show was better than the food. Once and done!

• Like 1

The "show" is the preparation of the food, with a lot of spatula juggling, egg tossing, and used jokes thrown in.  I would estimate at least 30 - 45 minutes of intermittent show activity across the 1:45 minute meal.