Cake question

I have fond memories of a certain cake that was ONLY served on boarding day...If I remember it correctly it was sort of half cake / half cheesecake-ish.....Does anyone remember the name and do they still serve it?  I remember I liked it so much I went back for a second piece and it was already all gone....

Yes I'm 24 days out and already looking forward to it!  It might be in part due to the fact that I haven't had sugar in 3 months (cruise diet lol) but I can't wait!!!

• Like 1

Had it for the first time 2 years ago on the Sunshine. Two months later on the Radiance they said they didn't have it. It's hit or miss depending on the ship I guess.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

Had it for the first time 2 years ago on the Sunshine. Two months later on the Radiance they said they didn't have it. It's hit or miss depending on the ship I guess.

I have eaten it on the Radiance relatively recently.  It might have been a one-time thing in your particular circumstance.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, cacruisin said:

It was also sold out by about 1pm on the Panorama last year so it could have just already been gone.

No, I asked. She said they didn't make one. I was so looking forward to it after having it the first time-a real disappointment.

Edited by Bollycats
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, simplelife said:

The cakes look better than they taste

Sadly, I would have to agree with you.  We tried at least 2-3 different ones every day and only a couple were really good.  All the chocolate ones, (and there were a lot!) tasted exactly the same to me.  It was a little disappointing.

• Like 1

I agree it does taste better then it looks.  I don't even enjoy "funfetti" in general but LOVE this one.....sure hope they are serving it on the Dream in a few weeks!

1 hour ago, Jeafl said:

Sadly, I would have to agree with you.  We tried at least 2-3 different ones every day and only a couple were really good.  All the chocolate ones, (and there were a lot!) tasted exactly the same to me.  It was a little disappointing.

I agree, but IMO the Funfetti Cheesecake is the one exception. That's why I always get it. DH is always amused that I make a little game out of trying to be the first person on the ship to get a piece. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I agree, but IMO the Funfetti Cheesecake is the one exception. That's why I always get it. DH is always amused that I make a little game out of trying to be the first person on the ship to get a piece. 

I totally agree.  Funfetti cheesecake was my favorite.

• Like 1

I'm fairly certain I had it on the Panorama back in September, and know for sure I had it in December on the Valor.

It's so good!! Gonna have to remember to look for it on embarkation day when I go on the Celebration next month. 🤗

• Like 1

For so long I kept reading about the embarkation day Funfetti cheesecake but never found it on any of our sailings. . .     UNTIL  we sailed on the Venezia last September.  My husband is always disappointed with the Carnival cakes but the Funfetti got his thumb's up !!  

IMG_20230916_125919.jpg

• Like 1