DEPOSIT REFUND FOR CANCELLING

I need to cancel a cruise I have booked for May of 2025. I booked the cruise in January of 2024 with a 250 dollar deposit. NCL is telling me I can’t have my deposit back. When I booked the cruise I was told several times the deposit was refundable up to 6 months before the cruise. I AM CANCELLING MORE THAN A YEAR OUT. Has this happened to anyone else? I plan on fighting it, but not sure who I should go to. Can anyone steer me? Also, I can’t seem to find a policy on getting deposit back if cancelling early.  Thanks

Did you book from European site?

I have painfully found out myself that the European site does not have ANY fully refundable options.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

OP, did you book directly with NCL, if so, I have no idea why you'd be told cancellation of your cruise deposit is non-refundable, I'd call NCL back again.  If not, call your TA. It certainly is refundable at this point. 

PS - unless, as Maanio has said, you booked through a European site. Good luck

Edited by All-ready2cruise
  • Like 1

NCL deposit at this point is refundable unless you booked on the European site>

You sure it is NCL and not RCCL as RCCL deposits are non refundable

• Like 1

Did you use cash, Cruise Next, or Cruise First to place the deposit? Did the Cruise Next or Cruise First have an expiration date? Did you book after the expiration dates went away for Cruise Next? Did you book on the American site? Or another site? 

There are probably more questions, but I can't think of them. 

Btw - I lived in Rutvegas for a couple of years...well Rutland, then Mendon. Much love to Ramunto;s, Gill's, and Sugar & Spice! I always enjoyed wandering up to Deer's Leap, too. 

Anyway, answers to all those questions would be helpful, then we can get to the bottom of your deposit conundrum. 🙂 

to put it bluntly, someone at ncl is either clueless, or is handing you a crock of bs. as long as you cancel prior to 120 days before sailing, you should get  your money back, regardless of how much you've paid for the cruise upfront. sometimes ncl even publishes their cancelation policy.

i have done it often enough thru the past 15 years with no problems

unless, as others have posted, you booked thru a european site.

I see that the OP is not "following" their own thread...it's possible that they finally got a satisfactory resolution or that it's just not very important to them to come back and check for replies.