Live From Celebrity Constellation 3/11-3/23

3 minutes ago, laurieal said:

That has to count as a proper exercise session.

Between that and getting into my clothes today, I've gotten in two exercise sessions already 😀

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

Phew, I think whoever tied that bag off has experience tieing off the mooring lines.

+1.2 which puts me at over 10 lbs for the cruise.

I've been strategically wearing my clothes in order of tightness wearing the tightest clothes first. But since I packed for one week, we are starting over today 😬

Edited by Salt Lifer

Phew, I think whoever tied that bag off has experience tieing off the mooring lines.

I've been strategically wearing my clothes in order of tightness wearing the tightest clothes first. But since I packed for one week, we are starting over today 😬

image.thumb.png.3a8a748afabad2143b83800496ad2d5a.png

Clearly just water weight... nothing to worry about! Keep the food pics coming! 

Actually, I hear it is good for metabolism to eat lots of small portions throughout the day, so that might be an argument for adding a few more snacks from Cafe Al Bacio and the buffet. Just saying....

Also, spell check keeps changing Cafe Al Bacio to Cafe Al Bacon, which I find sort of funny.

• Haha 5

Actually, I hear it is good for metabolism to eat lots of small portions throughout the day, so that might be an argument for adding a few more snacks from Cafe Al Bacio and the buffet. Just saying....

Also, spell check keeps changing Cafe Al Bacio to Cafe Al Bacon, which I find sort of funny.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Salt Lifer said:

I don't have the will power to snack, I go hard when I eat 🤪.

I like the way your spell check thinks. Everything is better with 🥓

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, colesc15 said:

I think you've had more glasses of milk in this trip report than I've had in the last 15 years combined lol

Keep it up, the dairy farmers need your support. My wife and I grew up in Wisconsin, so we are good supporters as well. Probably more on the cheese side, but I still love a good glass of milk.

17 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Would definitely recommend ordering double, the portions are quite small for me. 

All bets are off for me too, and good thing as I approach 10 lbs gained 😬 

Oh I hear you on the weight gain. Years ago I went hard on the Keto diet and cut way back on my drinking before our cruise. In one week I gained 15lbs and both my wife and I were getting limited on clothes.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Salt Lifer said:

just cut all carb portions in half..works great!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike981 said:

Keep it up, the dairy farmers need your support. My wife and I grew up in Wisconsin, so we are good supporters as well. Probably more on the cheese side, but I still love a good glass of milk.

Oh I hear you on the weight gain. Years ago I went hard on the Keto diet and cut way back on my drinking before our cruise. In one week I gained 15lbs and both my wife and I were getting limited on clothes.

I'm actually lactose intolerant but I'm ok in small doses. Sometimes I enjoy it a little too much and my body reminds me. Doesn't stop me though 😆.

I fast and watch calories leading up to the cruise so my body definitely retains weight easily when I cruise.

• Like 2

Just now, hcat said:

just cut all carb portions in half..works great!

I tried asking for an appetizer portion of pasta, they just bring the same portion on a smaller plate 😆

As most of the appetizers don't really appeal to me, I would love a half portion of pasta but they don't do that.

If you set a full portion in front of me, I'm gonna eat it 😋 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

If you set a full portion in front of me, I'm gonna eat it 😋 

Same! I have very little willpower when it comes to food.  If it is accessible I will eat it.  Which is why - much to the annoyance of my kids - I don't keep snack food in the house.

That said, it is a well-known fact that cruise calories don't count.  😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Salt Lifer said:

Same! I have very little willpower when it comes to food.  If it is accessible I will eat it.  Which is why - much to the annoyance of my kids - I don't keep snack food in the house.

That said, it is a well-known fact that cruise calories don't count.  😉

My scale disagrees with that old wives tale 😀

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Are most of your steps from walking on the treadmill, or are you able to use the outdoor walking track ?

Just now, onyourmark said:

Are most of your steps from walking on the treadmill, or are you able to use the outdoor walking track ?

I've been doing the gym. It's too warm outside for me, and the track is very short and only in KM. It hurt my head trying to calculate how many times I had to walk to get a mile.

12 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

My scale disagrees with that old wives tale 😀

Are you using the ship's scale in the gym? I have long suspected they change the tare as the cruise goes on in order to scare cruisers into eating less... a clever way to cut costs.  Don't fall for it!

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Salt Lifer said:

Are you using the ship's scale in the gym? I have long suspected they change the tare as the cruise goes on in order to scare cruisers into eating less... a clever way to cut costs.  Don't fall for it!

That's a good idea. Also may scare them into buying an exercise class 😆. Genius.

I use my scale from home though 😆 🤣 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I've been doing the gym. It's too warm outside for me, and the track is very short and only in KM. It hurt my head trying to calculate how many times I had to walk to get a mile.

How has the gym been, any issues with finding a treadmill or stationary bike?

Edited by JDPCruisers

10 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

How has the gym been, any issues with finding a treadmill or stationary bike?

No problems at all. But it is a small gym so I imagine if there are a lot of exercise aficionados it could be difficult. Hardly anyone there when I've gone.