LIVE from the SUN Princess - 9 Mar 2024 - 10-Day Mediterranean - Second Voyage

We finally made it to breakfast in the reserve dining. We were not disappointed. My Eggs Benedict were perfectly cooked and delicious. so was my wife’s omelette. I was so excited to get them I forgot the pic…

IMG_2750.thumb.jpeg.2e9ebf2fb95f084f83e2af98784c4d98.jpeg

IMG_2749.thumb.jpeg.2f9db0cc1e2a912ed8794e92736eaa35.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CanadianBurger said:

Today’s Patter

IMG_2746.thumb.jpeg.df95246ef590fc5d6556031b22dff69f.jpeg

I noticed they are holding a meetup in The Landing - not seen any pics of this area. What facilities does it have? Is there a grab and go drinks area as they promised?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

I’m going to post the photos I took in the Sanctuary this morning. I’m not going to post what I was told about booking and pricing until I verify the facts. There’s way too much misinformation out there. 

Did you get this booking and pricing info from a staff member or from a fellow passenger? If it was from a staff member what is making you question the information?

10 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Check my photos in post #385. Some have padding (the ones around the pool and along the side more forward). Most don’t. 

And don’t believe everything you hear on YouTube. 

I think the point of that video clip being shared was to show a contrast to the first sailing where I believe there were no padded loungers near the pool, only the cushioned sun beds. So this is a change. Maybe Princess is hearing the complaints about lack of cushioned loungers? Or maybe they had a supply issue and more will be added over time?

5 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

On paper, it's a 12 year old 122 K ton ship versus a brand new 175 K ton ship.  IMHO, there is no comparison.  And I've sailed on four different classes of ships on X.

Not so much a comparison of the physical as which we are more comfortable with.  We've been fans of the X Solstice class for years but lately have been moving toward Princess for various reasons. My gut tells me the Sun may be too much change at one time.  We'll see.

11 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Someone asked about possible balcony obstructions just aft of the sphere. Someone else replied there were no obstructed cabins on this ship. Here’s a view. 

IMG_2677.thumb.jpeg.30eb39f277875b091f974dedfcc28a89.jpeg

That was me. Thanks so much for posting this! 

Changing the subject.

Thank you for your live from posts they have been extremely informative. I have noticed in the patters that on port days breakfast in horizons dining room, only serves express breakfast. Could I therefore ask you to take a photo of this menu. We love to have leisurely breakfast's in the main dining room this is sounding a little disapointing for us.

4 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Actually, I was surprised to find it didn’t flip over at all. The rear cushions are fixed; they don’t move at all, and there’s nothing under the bottom cushions. It would seem the only convertible couches are the ones in cabins specifically designated for 3.  

IMG_2743.jpeg

Interesting, on the deck plan it says some mini-suite rooms will accommodate 3 and 4 people I wonder how they do that?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, worldtraveller said:

Is there an internet cafe?  Looking to see if there is a place to print off boarding passes or for those who don't have a computer to use one.

You asked this on the other Live from and the reply was no internet cafe with the option below described by that thread's OP:

image.png.b9f6bf5076078df42b7ab99f36ba1a2c.png

Edited by dides
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, worldtraveller said:

Is there an internet cafe?  Looking to see if there is a place to print off boarding passes or for those who don't have a computer to use one.

Someone posted about printing boarding passes earlier in the thread.  I think it was @CanadianBurgerbut could have been someone else.  Anyway, I believe they asked about this through the chat feature of the app and were provided an email address where they could send materials to be printed.  Perhaps if someone knows the post # I am referring to they could provide it here.

1 minute ago, CatMom72 said:

Someone posted about printing boarding passes earlier in the thread.  I think it was @CanadianBurgerbut could have been someone else.  Anyway, I believe they asked about this through the chat feature of the app and were provided an email address where they could send materials to be printed.  Perhaps if someone knows the post # I am referring to they could provide it here.

already done!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dides said:

I noticed they are holding a meetup in The Landing - not seen any pics of this area. What facilities does it have? Is there a grab and go drinks area as they promised?

Saw your post just in time as we were disembarking… this is Deck 4 midship. 

IMG_2852.thumb.jpeg.9d9059971004165cd8c7175e209e1017.jpeg

IMG_2754.thumb.jpeg.a18f787c617179a84154e30e06694483.jpeg

IMG_2755.thumb.jpeg.703eb184bf14ed30ea70e4c646bb1569.jpeg

IMG_2756.thumb.jpeg.b574e1345b260f50e71e562c3938e195.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

IMG_2852.thumb.jpeg.9d9059971004165cd8c7175e209e1017.jpeg

IMG_2754.thumb.jpeg.a18f787c617179a84154e30e06694483.jpeg

IMG_2755.thumb.jpeg.703eb184bf14ed30ea70e4c646bb1569.jpeg

Amazing! Thank you - love those drink fridges. Are they free to grab, served to you or medallion controlled?

Edited by dides
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Someone asked about Nitro Cold Brew. There’s no cold brew at the coffee places, but one of the Eatery managers said the machine they use has a cold brew setting, and to ask a drink waiter to get one. No idea if that’s what you were asking, but that’s all I got. 

Cold brew, as far as I know, needs to "marinate" for 24 hours or so.

Not sure how you could just set a machine to make it on demand.

47 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

Are these soda vending machines?

The Sanctuary - The Facts

I had a meeting with the Sanctuary Manager to be sure I was getting correct information. Here we go…

First and foremost, on this ship the Sanctuary was envisioned as an amenity for Full Suite guests, who have complimentary access. 

The Sanctuary has a capacity of 177. Those 177 loungers include the exclusive area for Signature guests, the padded loungers, the regular unpadded loungers, and the hard sculpted loungers. 

IF THERE IS CAPACITY on a given morning, they will sell day passes at $99 per person on sea days, or $79pp on port days. Half days are not available. There are 80 full suites on the ship, so there may not be much or any extra capacity.

Sanctuary hours are 8am-5pm. 

There is NO pre-reservation of loungers from day to day, including for Suite guests. Location is first-come-first-served every morning. Once a lounger is assigned, it is reserved for you for the rest of the day. If all the padded loungers are taken, you’d have to pick another. 

Cabanas

The Cabanas are not yet finished, and are awaiting the installation of TVs, minibars, and fridges. There are eight cabanas. 

Once completed, Cabanas will be sold for $499/day, for up to four people. Extra people are $50/pp/day. There is no discount for Suite guests. The price includes amenities like bathrobes and slippers. 

The aft glass elevators will require Suite medallion access to open the doors into the Sanctuary. This is not yet implemented, so there is a staff member posted there to stop people. 

Guests will be able to choose from the food and drink menus below. These items are exclusive to the Sanctuary. 

Afternoon Tea will NOT be served in the Sanctuary, at least for the foreseeable future. 

IMG_2860.thumb.jpeg.af677e08f3740db670c1ba2ff2d49403.jpeg

IMG_2859.thumb.jpeg.a2184e45df4ff8aa9b2ea165d1130489.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 17

12 hours ago, Trafficgirl123 said:

Can you see if there is Pinot Grigio and a Reisling on the wine menu. Also at Crooners do they still have lots of martini’s $15.00 and under. 

Just for you Heide!

IMG_2867.thumb.jpeg.cfa2adbf2b0fb6134b19664df59a21b6.jpeg

IMG_2866.thumb.jpeg.4ca6f976fe9fd1dcd7ee51ff967d2631.jpeg

IMG_2864.thumb.jpeg.94e4e27f384e1c88246a58451aebd5de.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1