question about "wine packages"?

j3000

Posted (edited)

aside from the 2 bottles/ cabin policy, does Celebrity offer anything in the way of "wine packages"? ie purchase "x" bottles of wine for "x" dollars, or whatever....?

seems to me we had that option somewhere...but not sure which cruse line, or when...hic!! 🍷

Edited by jargey3000

58 minutes ago, jargey3000 said:

aside from the 2 bottles/ cabin policy, does Celebrity offer anything in the way of "wine packages"? ie purchase "x" bottles of wine for "x" dollars, or whatever....?

seems to me we had that option somewhere...but not sure which cruse line, or when...hic!! 🍷

They use to do it, I know I purchased it years ago before drink packages.  Have not seen it for a few years now 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jargey3000 said:

In my CP under gifts and gear, they do have the option to purchase individual bottles of wine, I did not see any pacakages though.  My Dec. cruise, as we got closer to sailing date they added some wine tasting options.

12 minutes ago, workingboy said:

Does anybody know, if you purchase a bottle of wine under gifts and gear and take it to the dining room whether you will get charged the corking fee?

No corkage as you purchased from the cruise line.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GatorMomInNC said:

So it gets delivered to your room, but you can grab it and take it to dinner?  I am wondering because there was no 20% gratuity added, seems kind of rude to take it to dinner..

Take it with you and enjoy, not rude in the least!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jargey3000 said:

I’ve been wondering about this too. My only Celebrity cruise was way back in 2012 and they had it back then. Sold onboard only. They had tables set up at different locations around the ship where you could purchase either 3, 5 or 7 bottles. I’m hoping they would still have this for our upcoming cruise in June. We’re not really interested in the drink packages but we drink a lot of wine so this is a better value for us.

I cannot recall seeing anything like that on any ship.

we always have the drink package though so I may have missed it.

2 hours ago, Nauty said:

I’ve been wondering about this too. My only Celebrity cruise was way back in 2012 and they had it back then. Sold onboard only. They had tables set up at different locations around the ship where you could purchase either 3, 5 or 7 bottles. I’m hoping they would still have this for our upcoming cruise in June. We’re not really interested in the drink packages but we drink a lot of wine so this is a better value for us.