Elite and Platinum and the mini bar

COTINGEY

DH (elite) and I (platinum) will be on a cruise next month. This is his first time as Elite.  I'm okay with embarking with the hoards, doing laundry, not going to the elite gatherings, etc.  I would like to know if he gets the elite mini bar set up.  If not, I'll just grab soda and water in FLL before embarking. I just don't want to buy it, haul it onto the ship to find out it's in our stateroom. I'll be elite after this cruise, and it won't matter going forward.  It's too bad it only one per stateroom/segment, but "them are the rules":)

TYIA, Robyn

2 hours ago, COTINGEY said:

DH (elite) and I (platinum) will be on a cruise next month. This is his first time as Elite.  I'm okay with embarking with the hoards, doing laundry, not going to the elite gatherings, etc.  I would like to know if he gets the elite mini bar set up.  If not, I'll just grab soda and water in FLL before embarking. I just don't want to buy it, haul it onto the ship to find out it's in our stateroom. I'll be elite after this cruise, and it won't matter going forward.  It's too bad it only one per stateroom/segment, but "them are the rules":)

TYIA, Robyn

You can use the free laundry too

You put your stateroom number and last name on the laundry bag. If you don't have the same last name, make sure DH's last name is on the bag (if your last names are different). They won't charge you.

DH will get the Elite mini-bar. Even after you are Elite, you will still get only one mini-bar per stateroom.

Normally a non-Elite traveling in the same stateroom can board with the Elite.

They don't normally have separate Elite gatherings. The afternoon happy hour is for Elite, Platinum, and Suites, so you can go to. Dependent on the number of people in various categories on the ship, they sometimes have different Captain's Circle receptions for Elite and Platinum and sometimes the same one; if they have different ones, you should be able to go with DH.

You will not be able to go to the free wine tasing without paying. You may go with DH, but you will have to pay.

You will not receive the 10% off for shore excursions or onboard shops. At onboard shops, just make sure everything is charged to DH's account instead of to yours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Also you can call room service and let them know what items you would like from what is available.  Any mixture will do. On our cruise last week we got 2whiskeys (scotch is all they had), 4 beers and the rest in Coke and Sprite. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Potstech said:

Also you can call room service and let them know what items you would like from what is available.  Any mixture will do. On our cruise last week we got 2whiskeys (scotch is all they had), 4 beers and the rest in Coke and Sprite. 

Not only shorted, but no variety if you wanted that.  Should be 10 alcohol/beer.  Surely they would have had at least enough beer to fill the quota?  I always get 10 beer.

On one occasion, our first cruise after Covid, we were only given two bottles of gin, and 6 extra bottles of beer. I called and was able to negotiate to get a 375ml Bacardi for the gin and the 6 bottles of beer.