Will it be Bliss? Our first NCL Post-Covid Cruise - Live!

2 hours ago, L1211 said:

I had cross posted my breakfast posts to the wrong thread!  Wine tasting starts in a few! 

Then we'll look forward to more posting errors!! 🤣  (jk - enjoy your cruise and keep an eye out for Siglo)😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, alertkm said:

The Joy has the same observation deck and waterfront area.  We went on the Joy for spring break last year.  We are heading to the Bliss for the last week of March because we loved the layout of the Joy so much (really loved having cocktails along the waterfront when trying to get away from the crazy pool bars).  Loved all your posts - giving me some great info to work with.  My teenage son is losing his mind because I read on another post there are no crepes at the buffet (he always got them at night on the Joy) so can you tell me if there is any crepe sightings?  Also other than Jersey Boys what is the big headliner show since Six isn't there anymore?  Also good tip on the secret back bar by the vibe!!!  Good intel.

Thank you for coming along!  I am happy to report that the girls  had crepes yesterday in the buffet for and loved them! 

Six is advertised in the elevators but gone.  Jersey boys is the only entertainment you can reserve.  But, they are doing a comedy and beetles in the Bliss Theater so that’s good.  

The Local Lunch report.  Just the DH and I.  It was really good!  We don’t eat a lot of “bar food” in our everyday life so an indulgent treat. It was hot and well prepared.  
DH - mushroom soup - I’d swear this is the same soup they serve in Le Bistro!  It was delicious.  DH says it was lacking just a splash of sherry,  I said “you’re at the Local …”

he also had sausage sliders from the appetizer menu.  He really liked them.  Sweet Italian sausage, caramelized onions, tasty toasted buns. DH ordered fried but none came.

i had Cobb salad- I don’t put cucumbers in my Cobb- that may be traditional??  Didn’t love that.

Also had the chicken salad sandwich- amazing!  Thick cut toasted Bread, roasted chicken salad, bacon- say no more!  

all in all, food pretty much exceeded our expectations. 

ambiance- ha ha ha!  Wow, dining to screaming Deal or no Deal - or any atrium show is pretty crappy.  Loud and irrelevant. Ugh…

IMG_6563.jpeg

IMG_6562.jpeg

IMG_6561.jpeg

• Like 4

Nearly 2:30 and we’ve still never seen our room attendant. We tried to find him to ask for ice for the DH’s knee, but no luck.  We kept Starbucks cups and we’re getting it ourselves from the buffet. We made our own bed this morning - cannot stand on unmade bed.  Club balcony comes with wine and chocolate covered strawberries, but none have arrived.  Now the DH is napping so I will have to turn “make my room” off.  Maybe evening service??  No one asked…. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, www3traveler said:

When you can, could you please post a list of the current Officers both Bridge and Hotel.

Thank you

Hope you and your family are having a wonderful time.

Any idea where I’d find that?  They were all introduced at the Beatles experience last night- like a “welcome aboard “ show. 

5 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Nearly 2:30 and we’ve still never seen our room attendant. We tried to find him to ask for ice for the DH’s knee, but no luck.  We kept Starbucks cups and we’re getting it ourselves from the buffet. We made our own bed this morning - cannot stand on unmade bed.  Club balcony comes with wine and chocolate covered strawberries, but none have arrived.  Now the DH is napping so I will have to turn “make my room” off.  Maybe evening service??  No one asked…. 

Turn on the TV and in one of the options will list your room attendant name and phone number. Call them and ask for an ice bucket. They will bring it and fill it daily after that. Wine is usually already in the refrigerator. Also a coffee setup if you want it. Just ask them to do your room first thing as well. We got chocolate one day and cookies the second but not every cabin got them the same days

7 minutes ago, L1211 said:

We have no beach towels. Are those no longer in the Cabin?  Deck handout like RCCL?

They hand them out by the pool. On the left as you come from the forward elevators

7 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Starbucks cups

Same issue for us last year on Bliss. Asked for an ice bucket (ice for travel partner hip on walking days), never arrived after kindly leaving notes/a phone call. Ended up refilling a large Starbucks cup(s) with ice every afternoon to make an ice pack. 

Did receive a coffee maker, service items never restocked after first delivery. 
Cabin completely skipped service twice, yes, please make up room lit from early AM to return in afternoon, then again when leaving for afternoon/evening fun. 
Realize the cabin attendants are busy with more work, we never saw ours, gave up and just made-up room ourselves, hunted for clean towels and emergency TP from guest services. Schlepped service items, yes after calling the number, to the buffet to remove old food smells.

Fingers crossed daily service has improved. 

2 minutes ago, Lush LaRue said:

Same issue for us last year on Bliss. Asked for an ice bucket (ice for travel partner hip on walking days), never arrived after kindly leaving notes/a phone call. Ended up refilling a large Starbucks cup(s) with ice every afternoon to make an ice pack. 

Did receive a coffee maker, service items never restocked after first delivery. 
Cabin completely skipped service twice, yes, please make up room lit from early AM to return in afternoon, then again when leaving for afternoon/evening fun. 
Realize the cabin attendants are busy with more work, we never saw ours, gave up and just made-up room ourselves, hunted for clean towels and emergency TP from guest services. Schlepped service items, yes after calling the number, to the buffet to remove old food smells.

Fingers crossed daily service has improved. 

Eric de Leon is the manager and his number is in the cruise info. If something like that happens again call him. It’s his job to make that not happen

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Any idea where I’d find that?  They were all introduced at the Beatles experience last night- like a “welcome aboard “ show. 

There might be a picture board of all the Officers on Deck 6 between the rest rooms and the forward staircase.

Usually at the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet, they hand out cards with Hotel Officers and their phone numbers in case you need something during the cruise.

Probably the Hotel Officers will have said at the M&G, "if you have an issue tell us now so we can try to correct.  We do not want to read about it next week, when you post how terrible this cruise was on CC".  May not be their exact words but it comes close.

Edited by www3traveler
Add a comment

So this is mildly depressing. The area outside the vibe is no secret- maybe 30+ teens?  All the padded loungers are taken and the environment could not be LESS like the Vibe if it tried… Wow, she shot and she missed!!  

IMG_6566.png

IMG_6565.jpeg

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Kp125 said:

job to make that not happen

Heya - thanks for that reassurance - I’ll for sure mention this time if it’s warranted. At the time, it felt like tattling as they were adjusting to new service levels - I don’t want to make a fuss or be an annoying pax. 

Hoping to hear how service goes from OP to see if the kinks have been worked out since the once-a-day change. (And any hidden champs spots 😉

Looking for a quiet place to read a book.  I just realized that my balcony is really the only place that meets that description.  You used to be able to go up to higher decks and find sun loungers and quiet- that’s now lazar tag.  Nothing says relaxing vacation like lazar tag…  if they need a commercial for the Vibe, I could make it now.  They should charge double…

• Like 1

Just met my room attendant- so, you get service on their schedule or you do not get service- it’s a one pass and gone.  No service past 5pm.  But, if you need something you can call for it - like my room serviced.  I suppose you need to be out of your room from 8-5 and you are highly likely to have it serviced during that window.  If that’s too restrictive for you. Service it your self.  I’m not impressed…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Looking for a quiet place to read a book.  I just realized that my balcony is really the only place that meets that description.  You used to be able to go up to higher decks and find sun loungers and quiet- that’s now lazar tag.  Nothing says relaxing vacation like lazar tag…  if they need a commercial for the Vibe, I could make it now.  They should charge double…

Depending on the wind there’s the Waterfront on deck 8. Go outside by the District and there are seats and couches. The couches by Maltings and the Cellars are also quiet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alertkm said:

The Joy has the same observation deck and waterfront area.  We went on the Joy for spring break last year.  We are heading to the Bliss for the last week of March because we loved the layout of the Joy so much (really loved having cocktails along the waterfront when trying to get away from the crazy pool bars).  Loved all your posts - giving me some great info to work with.  My teenage son is losing his mind because I read on another post there are no crepes at the buffet (he always got them at night on the Joy) so can you tell me if there is any crepe sightings?  Also other than Jersey Boys what is the big headliner show since Six isn't there anymore?  Also good tip on the secret back bar by the vibe!!!  Good intel.

Only crepes I saw were at Cocos for a fee. Ditto for cookies at Starbucks

35 minutes ago, Kp125 said:

Depending on the wind there’s the Waterfront on deck 8. Go outside by the District and there are seats and couches. The couches by Maltings and the Cellars are also quiet.

Great suggestion!!  On the waterfront having drinks in the sun.  My current position…

image.jpg

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Kp125 said:

Only crepes I saw were at Cocos for a fee. Ditto for cookies at Starbucks

I will have to ask the girls if they continue to encounter free crepes! 

• Like 2

Happy to report the room was serviced - the DH forgo his nap and the attendant was able to clean. Wine delivered - no ice, so warm,

but the gesture was there.  

image.jpg

• Like 2