Can I bring port wine or ice wine onboard?

When reading the policy, it only indicates that 1) 1 bottle of "wine" per guest, and 2) 750 ml.

My questions are: 

1. Is port wine considered wine even though the alcohol content is slightly higher, as long as it is in 750ml bottle?

2. Usually ice wine is less than 750ml per bottle, I assume I can still bring it if I want to?

3. I assume the "per guest" policy only applies to adults? If we have 4 people in a stateroom, 2 adults and 2 minors, we can only bring 2 bottles? 

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

If porting in Portugal you likely will be able to take a bottle of Port purchased in Portgual directly to your cabin

They’re on a cruise ship.  Of course it should be PORT.  I hear they had ice wine on the Titanic.  We all know how that turned out.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

The limit is 1 bottle per adult with max of 2 per cabin. 

Just for clarification, it’s one 750 ml bottle. Not liters or magnums. Max of 2 per cabin. 

The policy doesn’t specify an ABV. Port, Madeira, or sherry “should” be fine, but I probably wouldn’t bring my 30 year old vintage port, just in case. Ice wine, late harvest wines, Sauternes, etc. would be well under any ABV considerations, which theoretically don’t exist. But the limit is by bottle, so 2-375 ml Sauternes or ice wines are your two bottles even though it’s half your allowed volume.