Question about age restrictions when booking..

Hi all,

Apologies, I know this has been asked before but I cannot find an answer. I want to book a cruise with my son and his BFF. They are 17 and 18 years old. I don't want to share a cabin with them. I would like to book my own cabin, and book another cabin for them, on the same reservation of course. Is this possible? I am not sure about the age restrictions. I will be the only one over 21. TIA!

Posted (edited)

Absolutely no problem. I believe, but am not certain, that by that age the 'must be in an adjacent cabin' requirement doesn't apply. (Looks like the 3 door rule replaces.) Thanks @mz-s!

Edited by jsglow
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the link and the answers! It's a bit tricky since one is seventeen. I think they will still be required to be close to me...which is ideal, but since it's a cruise this summer, might be hard to find a balcony close to an available interior. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 8:12 PM, mz-s said:

Where minor guests can be booked in relation to relative or guardian:

• Guests 12 and younger
    If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older) traveling in the balcony stateroom with them. 
  • Guests 13 - 17 years of age
    Can be separated by up to 3 staterooms from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).

Wow! I had no idea that this could be done for minors under 18. 😶

And it's really not that much more expensive, at least back when we used to do it 15 years ago when our kids were teens. Plus that second bathroom is a huge advantage. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Where minor guests can be booked in relation to relative or guardian:

• Guests 12 and younger
    If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older) traveling in the balcony stateroom with them. 
  • Guests 13 - 17 years of age
    Can be separated by up to 3 staterooms from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).

Wow! I had no idea that this could be done for minors under 18. 😶

This rule is why sometimes people get upsell calls from Carnival for inside cabins across  from suites and balconies.  

6 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

This rule is why sometimes people get upsell calls from Carnival for inside cabins across  from suites and balconies.  

I've never gotten one. 😞 

1 hour ago, mitsugirly said:

I've never gotten one. 😞 

Do you book one half of a connecting  set of rooms or an interior across from a two person suite that they need for minor kids?