Escape TA Sold Out

2 hours ago, crazycatlady82 said:

I’m on the Epic TA next month and it is either sold out or almost sold out. Hoping that it’s mostly solos-occupancy wikk

be lower than 🙂

On the same cruise. Think it's sold out. Hoping a ton of solos so occupancy is low.

• Like 1

My fall TA is also on the Epic. I'm very interested to hear all of you report on how crowded the ship was when sold out with whatever mix of solos. I think the small silver lining is that a TA may my less likely to have a lot of triple and quad bookings with fewer families

My second-hand take on the Epic is that it's not particularly well designed for either lots of people inside or lots of people outside. It's kind of crowded no matter what, especially now that pretty much everyone on the ship is lining up at bars for their free drinks.

I've never booked a Thermal Suite and have never had the slightest interest in it, but I booked it this time for October so I have a less crowded place to escape to. I'm also buying two bottles of wine in Rome and then 1-2 in the Azores to bring aboard so I can have a quiet drink on my balcony without having to wait in what I understand are very long bar lines to do it

Good luck on your upcoming Epic TA. I hope it goes well!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, crazycatlady82 said:

I just talked to my PCC and she confirms it is sold out!

Well, it should be! Back in January, I posted on Solo Bargain Board that Epic had a fire sale. Insides could be had for as low as $399.

Edited by IrieBajan54
add text

23 hours ago, laudergayle said:

Here’s a thought.  They may have a large number of crew departing in the US for summer Caribbean season and have capped occupancy on your sailing to ensure a workable guest:crew ratio.  Selling full capacity on a ship as large as Escape for a 16-day TA doesn’t seem reasonable.  Even the absolutely packed spring break cruises have inside cabins available two weeks before sailing.  

I hope you are right!  We’re thinking our next cruise will be a Repo TA- hoping for lighter crowds! 

Posted (edited)

i've been looking at close-in booking for a couple of repositioning cruises in april and may on the spirit.

the sixteen day 4/22 departure from honolulu through alaska to vancouver is sold out in every category, except suites. (while not technically a transpacific, it has a lot of the characteristics of a TP and is the first leg on its transpacific repositioning journey.)

the may 8 transpacific from vancouver through alaska and on to tokyo is completely sold out and no longer showing up on the NCL website.

i was looking potentially at doing a back to back on these two.

so, while i agree that TAs and TPs have historically been underpopulated, that may no longer be true. the travelers do tend to skew older, with very few children. it's not just the length of the cruise, but you have to be predisposed towards enjoying sea days. some of these itineraries have six or seven sea days in a row and that doesn't appeal to everybody.

Edited by UKstages

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

the may 8 transpacific from vancouver through alaska and on to tokyo is completely sold out and no longer showing up on the NCL website.

The May 8th one should currently have availability in every category. I'm on that sailing and have been tracking prices and inventory habitually. I think it's down to one balcony, but every other category has quite a bit of availability. I'm really hoping for a <90% full sailing, given the quantity of available inside and oceanview staterooms remaining.

you're correct. that's really weird. i just checked this morning and it wasn't showing up at all. i even canceled a flight i had booked to vancouver (using miles) based on not being able to see that cruise in inventory. i'll give NCL a call and check on availability (i'd be booking through CAS).

thanks for the tip.

4 hours ago, proton-excitement said:

The May 8th one should currently have availability in every category. I'm on that sailing and have been tracking prices and inventory habitually. I think it's down to one balcony, but every other category has quite a bit of availability. I'm really hoping for a <90% full sailing, given the quantity of available inside and oceanview staterooms remaining.

I'm sort of hoping for <75%.