Dinner on “The Edge”

Salf777

Going on the Ascent soon and looking at booking this dinner on the edge. When I go to book on the website or app the time it shows is 10am? Seems a rather odd time for dinner? Has anyone booked this or know why this is how it shows?

38 minutes ago, Salf777 said:

Going on the Ascent soon and looking at booking this dinner on the edge. When I go to book on the website or app the time it shows is 10am? Seems a rather odd time for dinner? Has anyone booked this or know why this is how it shows?

Are you asking why there is often incorrect information on the Celebrity website?  Yes.

We gave up and booked on board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Salf777 said:

The 10:00 AM is a place holder.  The date and time will be selected on board the ship.

• Like 1

Yes, agree that it is a placeholder. We had it booked for our January 20 cruise on the Ascent, but it was cancelled and our account was credited. Hope you get to have that experience!

The experience was wonderful on the Beyond. They only hold it once per cruise and the captain chooses the night based on weather and itinerary. Calm night at sunset cruising slowly out of a harbor. It was beautiful and delicious!  Btw, if you have other dinner reservations for that night they help you change them to a different night. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Ignore the 10am time.  You will be notified of the date and time once onboard.  Keep in mind, the dinner is subject to weather.  Unfortunately, ours was cancelled.  And you may have to inquire about it.  The cancellation wasn't made clear to us until we noticed it wasn't on the list of dining reservations they had given us.

I hope you get to experience it.  It sounds like an amazing experience. 🙂

• Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 12:29 PM, peanut head said:

Is this considered a specialty restaurant dining venue?  Is it included in any type of dinner package?

It's not included in any specialty dining packages.  It's categorized similarly to a Chef's Table experience. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2024 at 6:13 AM, Liz315 said:

The experience was wonderful on the Beyond. They only hold it once per cruise and the captain chooses the night based on weather and itinerary. Calm night at sunset cruising slowly out of a harbor. It was beautiful and delicious!  Btw, if you have other dinner reservations for that night they help you change them to a different night. Enjoy!

Could you expand  a little more on the experience?  Food?  Drinks included or do you use your beverage package?  Length of the dinner?  Any entertainment besides the beautiful views?  Can you get a table for 2?

Drinks were part of bev. package. It was seafood, Lobster, shrimp, etc. a seafood tower for an app (among other choices), Really nice filet mignon and prime cuts of beef, Lobster tails, etc. It was very good and plentiful. It lasted a few hours, I guess it can go faster or slower depending how fast or slow you eat. You are seated with your own party, not a group, so yes you can have a table for 2.I don't remember any entertainment. This experience is run by Daniel Boulud. All the food is cooked and prepared at Le Voyage. For us it was memorable and worth it. They won't have it if the weather does not cooperate.