Oasis late in leaving Miami today 3/17/24

Does anyone know a firm reason why the Oasis of the Seas has not left yet? I have someone on that cruise and they are concerned because all the other ships are gone and they sit. It is after 6:30 PM.

We've had ships late leaving because of  not enough long shoremen to load provisions and luggage.   Other reasons could be congestion in the port or a medical delay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We left late last week, 7pm. The captain made an announcement for us, perhaps your friend missed it. 

What was the reason?

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We left late last week, 7pm. The captain made an announcement for us, perhaps your friend missed it. 

You ever notice that many people do not shut up and pay attention when the captain makes an announcement. Sometimes after those announcements I have the urge so exclaim loudly "Did you hear that , I wonder where we are going now". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, BND said:

What was the reason?

They said they were working on an azipod last week.  We got on the ship and it was facing Miami, and it was the same when we got off this week.  Maybe they are doing continued repairs on one every week. There was also the possibility when we got on that the ship was waiting for air to sea flights that were delayed. There were a lot of delayed flights the days before our cruise. Some in our roll call drove from Baltimore and Dallas from delays. 

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

You ever notice that many people do not shut up and pay attention when the captain makes an announcement. Sometimes after those announcements I have the urge so exclaim loudly "Did you hear that , I wonder where we are going now". 

That is a pet peeve of mine.  I'll get up and walk over and stand directly under a speaker so I can hear it.   These are the same people who are surprised by the weather, waves or an itinerary change.   Why can't they just shut up for 2 minutes?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1