Best oceanview rooms on Edge

Hello fellow cruisers,

Are there any preferred oceanview cabins or "best" (in your view) that you feel I should be looking at before I try to book a cruise on this ship?  May as well give it a go.  Never know, they may still be available. 🤷‍♀️  I don't care where they are on the ship but if they are perhaps bigger in size or a have a bigger window than normal that would be great.  Thanks in advance!

I like to know myself because I booked the Beyond late February with Blue Chip and the only room available was the most expensive suite or an oceanview guarantee.  Just to get on this April 27th sailing, I chose the guarantee oceanview (first time in over 25 plus years of not having a balcony which we never use anyways).  Our cabin was assigned last week, 8103 very forward.  I also like to hear about this cabin and which oceanview rooms people prefer and like to comment on.

6 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I like to know myself because I booked the Beyond late February with Blue Chip and the only room available was the most expensive suite or an oceanview guarantee.  Just to get on this April 27th sailing, I chose the guarantee oceanview (first time in over 25 plus years of not having a balcony which we never use anyways).  Our cabin was assigned last week, 8103 very forward.  I also like to hear about this cabin and which oceanview rooms people prefer and like to comment on.

Be careful when looking out the window. Easy to bump your forehead when looking out of the window. The window is on a slant on those very forward facing cabins. 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, doghog said:

Be careful when looking out the window. Easy to bump your forehead when looking out of the window. The window is on a slant on those very forward facing cabins. 😁

Thank you, I heard this and saw videos of the room which the window is huge.  My worries is being in the very forward of the ship, a first time for me.  After hearing of all the cabins on the Beyond that have creaking noises, I chose to keep this cabin and not do a move up bid in case I got stuck with a creaking sounding cabin.  I read somewhere the bathroom is a bit larger but like to have confirmation of that with somebody here to know if it is true or not.  The other thing, it is a joining cabin which I never would take, and curious as to whether the walls are thin on the Beyond in this stateroom.  Damn if you do damn if you don't but I think I rather have the connecting cabin than a creaking nosey cabin at night.  lol

11 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Thank you, I heard this and saw videos of the room which the window is huge.  My worries is being in the very forward of the ship, a first time for me.  After hearing of all the cabins on the Beyond that have creaking noises, I chose to keep this cabin and not do a move up bid in case I got stuck with a creaking sounding cabin.  I read somewhere the bathroom is a bit larger but like to have confirmation of that with somebody here to know if it is true or not.  The other thing, it is a joining cabin which I never would take, and curious as to whether the walls are thin on the Beyond in this stateroom.  Damn if you do damn if you don't but I think I rather have the connecting cabin than a creaking nosey cabin at night.  lol

Years ago we were in a forward facing cabin on the Eclipse. On that ship the bathroom was the same size as any other standard Ocean View or Balcony cabin. You will have a reminder note in your cabin telling you to keep the curtains closed at night. The cabin was larger but the extra space wasn't furnished with extra furniture. Never had a connecting cabin. Post your experiences/opinions when you return.

• Like 1

Two suggestions.  Look at a deck plan.  Think Ocean view - a large port hole/window are getting confused with Infinate Veranda cabins.  The window opens.

Suggest you look at the cabin sticky above.  Cabins port and starboard in a similar location will be the same as will any of the Beyond and her sister ships.

As for cabins far forward.  Did an Antarctic cruise in the most forward cabin on the lowest deck.  It was just fine.

Posted (edited)

There is a YouTube video showing 8103 on the Apex. It should look the same as the cabin on the Beyond. Celebrity Apex Cabin: 8103

Edited by newtampagirl
took out travel agent company
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Flossygirl said:

Hello fellow cruisers,

Are there any preferred oceanview cabins or "best" (in your view) that you feel I should be looking at before I try to book a cruise on this ship?  May as well give it a go.  Never know, they may still be available. 🤷‍♀️  I don't care where they are on the ship but if they are perhaps bigger in size or a have a bigger window than normal that would be great.  Thanks in advance!

We did Deluxe OV on Beyond & loved it. 

It is just as big as the balcony (IV) rooms.

Great location on deck 3 midship--easy access to so much!

If the Deluxe is just a few $ more, I'd take it as those 20+ sq. ft are awfully nice.

• Like 1