Alaska Cruise Hotel

51 minutes ago, bowen9475 said:

We are cruising to Alaska out of Seattle in June on Carnival. Looking for some hotel suggestions for a few nights pre-cruise. Thank you! 

its going to be expensive.  Hotels by the airport are about a 30 min ride from the sights in Downtown Seattle.  Those hotels have easy access to the Light Rail System, which will take to you to most of the sites.  I would void Pioneer Square area ( Homeless Mission is in that area, so take it as you may).  Westlake area has a big shopping Mall,  Belltown is an easy ride share to the Carnival dock.  I would suggest The Inn at The Market.  Its is close to everything ( Pike Place, the waterfront, restaurants).  It's a small boutique hotel that fills up fast.  The Edgewater is built over the water and very pricey.  Lots of Rock/Roll history stayed there ( Beatles, and Rolling Stones to name a few).  Please dont forget to pack binoculars for your cruise.  Lots of waterfalls will be seen cascading down the mountsides, as well as whales ( not cascading down the mountain sides, but in the water).  You may also see Bald Eagles, seals, and if lucky a bear or two.

• Thanks 1

Take a look around the board...many threads on hotels.

As mentioned, downtown will be expensive. Budget concerned people frequently stay near the airport. Many threads on that as well.

• Like 1

I would be booking ASAP - as cruise season is extremely busy and as others have mentioned, expensive.

I live outside the Seattle metro now but sometimes work requires me to be on site for the week, so I have a few hotels that I've liked.

Courtyard by Marriott South Lake Union 

Hilton Garden Inn South Lake Union

Renaissance Hotel Downtown Seattle

As others have mentioned, if you can splurge-

The Edgewater

Marriott Downtown Waterfront

Fairmount Olympic

Lotte Hotel

The only hotel I stayed at and wouldn't stay again is the Hilton Downtown Seattle. It was clean, but it was very dark and the rooms were tired and small.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We like the Fairmont Olympic and Inn at the Market although a bit pricey now as tourism numbers have increased. A bit more reasonable would be the Mediterranean Inn on Lower Queen Anne. It’s near many restaurants and just a 10 minute walk to the Space Needle/Seattle Center where you can catch the monorail to downtown in 3 minutes. It’s near many restaurants.  Another would be Belltown Inn, within a 15 minute walk to both the Seattle Center and Pike Place Market. There are many restaurants within a couple blocks.

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2024 at 11:00 AM, bowen9475 said:

Thanks all. After reading through several posts, we are deciding between the Belltown Inn, Mediterranean Inn and Mayflower Park. 

My wife has to go to Seattle for work about quarterly and often stays at the Mediterranean.  It is nice and the neighborhood is decent.  There are a fair amount of dining options within walking distance, including the "famous" Dick's burgers.  Dicks is about the only affordable place to eat in Seattle, anymore.  You are on the edge of the Queen Anne neighborhood, which is very pleasant.  And you are walking distance to the Seattle Center, Space Needle, Museum of Pop Culture.

Belltown Inn is fine.  It isn't going to be a head turner, but the neighborhood is also nice enough.  Belltown does have less dining options than some other neighborhoods.  I remember when Belltown had a lot more dining options, but the economic pressures of operating in Seattle have really shrunk the options.

The Mayflower Park is high market.  Nice property.  It feels more "downtown" in that area.  You are close to the Westlake Center, but like all Malls, this one isn't as vibrant as it used to be.  The mall is home to the southern terminus of the monorail.  The monorail serves two stops, the Seattle Center and Westlake Center.  It is a fun piece of history to ride, but not a mass transit option.

Bang for your buck, I think the Mediterranean is the best bet.  Nice location, walking distance to food and some touristy things.  Probably the farthest away from any sketchy neighborhoods.  Has a really nice roof deck with excellent views of the surrounding area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1