Passport Expiration Date Not 6 months from cruise boarding date

indexcards

13 hours ago, kirtihk said:

Perhaps, you didn't "translate" a meaning of my post properly.  It was about the fact that 10 years expiation is truly <10 years.  So, people pay for 10 years when in reality they pay for 9.5 years or potentially even less.

Yes 10 years is arbitrary, the State Department can chose whatever time the want, but your passport is good for 10 years, no if's ands or but's  You do get your moneys worth.  It is other countries that arbitrarily require the 6 month rule.  It is not practical for the State Department to try to satisfy the requirements every other country in the world.  It is up to the traveler to follow the requirements of the country they are traveling to.  As far as the U.S. is concerned, your passport is good for 10 years when in the U.S., and leaving or returning to the U.S.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Yes 10 years is arbitrary, the State Department can chose whatever time the want, but your passport is good for 10 years, no if's ands or but's  You do get your moneys worth.  It is other countries that arbitrarily require the 6 month rule.  It is not practical for the State Department to try to satisfy the requirements every other country in the world.  It is up to the traveler to follow the requirements of the country they are traveling to.  As far as the U.S. is concerned, your passport is good for 10 years when in the U.S., and leaving or returning to the U.S.

Yes, correct.  However:

Passport, a mandatory requirement for travelling to the USA for non-US citizens:

Regardless of the purpose of your trip, whether for tourism, study, or work, a passport is a necessary document for travelling to the USA that you must have with you, as your National Identity Card will not be valid there.

Similar to many other countries, your passport should remain valid for at least six months after you enter the USA and should have at least two blank pages for use by American authorities.

So, in the end it's all the same.  Therefore, the base of my thinking (as a world traveler so to speak) still has a foundation (excuse my tautology).

On 3/26/2024 at 10:37 AM, kirtihk said:

Yes.  There are too many so to speak something's to live with.

I knew/got what you were saying about the validity being less than 10 years.😉

10 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I knew/got what you were saying about the validity being less than 10 years.😉

I've just made another post (# 102) about this matter (in backward direction this time).

42 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

Yes, correct.  However:

Passport, a mandatory requirement for travelling to the USA for non-US citizens:

Regardless of the purpose of your trip, whether for tourism, study, or work, a passport is a necessary document for travelling to the USA that you must have with you, as your National Identity Card will not be valid there.

Similar to many other countries, your passport should remain valid for at least six months after you enter the USA and should have at least two blank pages for use by American authorities.

So, in the end it's all the same.  Therefore, the base of my thinking (as a world traveler so to speak) still has a foundation (excuse my tautology).

A copy/paste from an insurance company’s website is hardly an official source.

in any case, a US citizen never needs to have their passport valid for six months to enter the US. Whether a non-US citizen does depends on where they’re from.  Currently, citizens of well over 100 countries do not, and unless you’re from China, the odds are pretty good you’re exempt.

Countries Exempt

• Like 1