14 day cruise also sold as two 7 day cruises

Veinless

You can choose to go out and about in Ft. Lauderdale like a port day but must take your passport and in transit card (that they give you) with you. You can not reboard the ship until boarding of new passengers starts and you also have to wait in line for security with everyone else. They should give you a letter with all the information and usually have a meeting to answer any questions. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2024 at 6:53 AM, flying boat said:

You can choose to go out and about in Ft. Lauderdale like a port day but must take your passport and in transit card (that they give you) with you. You can not reboard the ship until boarding of new passengers starts and you also have to wait in line for security with everyone else. They should give you a letter with all the information and usually have a meeting to answer any questions. 

this is more like what I was expecting, given that we are allowed to book shore excursions in Fort Lauderdale...and since we booked this as one single 14 day cruise as opposed to two 7 day cruises back-to-back, I did kind of think they’d have some sort of different way to approach this. Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. 

On 4/15/2024 at 5:53 PM, cruisinfamily7609 said:

this is more like what I was expecting, given that we are allowed to book shore excursions in Fort Lauderdale...and since we booked this as one single 14 day cruise as opposed to two 7 day cruises back-to-back, I did kind of think they’d have some sort of different way to approach this. Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. 

Immigration doesn't care how you booked the cruise. People in the middle of a 14-day cruise and people ending one 7-day cruise and starting another one are treated exactly the same.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, worldtraveller said:

Anyone know if you are on a B2B and do a ship's tour on turnaround day (Everglades or Everglades with Flamingo Park) what time you get back to the ship?

Each excursion you can book has departure and arrival times listed in the description on Cruise Personalizer. One exception would be if you booked a tour ending at the airport that would also take you back to the ship. You need to make sure to verify with the excursion desk onboard that the excursion will return you to the ship. They will probably take the people to the airport first before returning to the ship. The port is very close to the airport, so your arrival time back at the ship shouldn't be much later than the end time listed. I would not expect you to get an exact answer until you are onboard and talking with the Shore Excursions desk there.

3 hours ago, worldtraveller said:

Anyone know if you are on a B2B and do a ship's tour on turnaround day (Everglades or Everglades with Flamingo Park) what time you get back to the ship?

The only one we inquired about was the Everglades your without the flamingo park.  That one gets back to port at 1230pm.  

On 3/24/2024 at 3:52 AM, Veinless said:

What are the pros/cons of booking this as a 14 day cruise vs two 7 day B2Bs?

Does Princess treat it any differently? Examples: Plus package, shareholder perks, etc?

You just have to take into account the price difference between the two and balance that with other perks.  If you book as two 7 days you can get two shareholder credits of $100 each segment but if you do a 14 day, I believe you get more.   If you have plus you would get 2 casual dinners and 2 fitness classes each 7 days.  If you're Elite you get two mini bars one each week whether you book as one 14 day or two 7 days (that has been our experience)  You also have to take in account obc provided on 7 vs 14 days.  Make a list and compare and decide what you are comfortable with.

On 4/4/2024 at 9:53 AM, flying boat said:

One time in Ft. Lauderdale we were able to board in a separate line with the crew before everyone else got on.

1 minute ago, STLCARDS82 said:

Didn't  they just changed this where you can only get the military or the shareholder benefit, but not the two?

Just now, suzyed said:

One time in Ft. Lauderdale we were able to board in a separate line with the crew before everyone else got on.

Yes unless one of you use the shareholder and the other uses the military benefit.

• Thanks 1

On 4/21/2024 at 8:08 PM, suzyed said:

That is what Princess said recently when we did a B2B.

• Like 1