Princess App Reload - cant login

Have not cruised since last summer (sad).  We used to be able to just go to the princess app on out  Iphones and do whatever.  I got a new phone and had to reload the app.  Tried to log in with our Princess website username and password, no luck.  Wifes old Iphone has the same issue after downloading the "new" app.  Does the app need a separate username and login ? 

I also have to use my booking number. My username and password have not worked on the app or the website for months. I have called twice and they tell me they will open a ticket and someone will get back to me but i have never heard back from anyone.

35 minutes ago, jean-lynd said:

I also have to use my booking number. My username and password have not worked on the app or the website for months. I have called twice and they tell me they will open a ticket and someone will get back to me but i have never heard back from anyone.

Good luck with that.  I have also called multiple times regarding some irregularities with my medallion orders (it somehow merged orders from two separate bookings into a single order…big mess). I have been told stuff like, “I will open a ticket and this will be fixed in 3-5 days.”  This is a total crock, though.  It has never been fixed.  I never get any follow-up, either.  No call, no email, nothing.  And when you call back, you get a whole different incompetent person who has no record of your previous calls/tickets and makes the same empty promises about fixing the issues.  It’s really quite disturbing that the app is so terrible.  It’s even more disturbing that the customer service people are so unhelpful.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kitty2264 said:

You might try logging in with your booking number.  That worked for me the last time I was having issues.

Thank you so much for that - I have tried and tried with my password and no luck.  But, booking number did it.

My Feb 4 cruise on Majestic was correct on the new app until we booked a second cruise on the Enchanted.  First cruise ends Feb 18 and second cruise begins on the same day.  The app has us on the Majestic from Feb 4 until Feb 28.  I couldn’t order our medallions so I had to call customer service.  I was told not to worry because we could use the medallions on both ships???  After 4 phone calls to CS and 4 different answers about our issues we will get our medallions at the port.  

Just remember the rule for cruiseship apps.  Give them two (not 3 tries) then either forget it or call them on a weekday morning.

We have boarded when just our booking confirmation twice recently and once had Princess fill in the information and provide me with a new password.

Have also given booking number to grandson who did it for me!

Not worth stressing over.

I use my user name and password and it works fine for me. Worked on the old app and now works on the new app. I never use the booking number.

3 hours ago, CatMom72 said:

Good luck with that.  I have also called multiple times regarding some irregularities with my medallion orders (it somehow merged orders from two separate bookings into a single order…big mess). I have been told stuff like, “I will open a ticket and this will be fixed in 3-5 days.”  This is a total crock, though.  It has never been fixed.  I never get any follow-up, either.  No call, no email, nothing.  And when you call back, you get a whole different incompetent person who has no record of your previous calls/tickets and makes the same empty promises about fixing the issues.  It’s really quite disturbing that the app is so terrible.  It’s even more disturbing that the customer service people are so unhelpful.

Luckily, I have found ways to make things work without contacting "customer service". Just a thought on your medallions - if you have time - we had good luck ordering our medallions using the "web version" of the app that is in cruise personalizer on the Princess website. The app on my phone says that I still have to order my medallions but our order shows up correctly in the "web version". If your order is not correct in the "web version" you can cancel it and try again. I hope this helps! 

webversion.jpg