Easter holiday cruise on the Arvia. Easter Activities?

Hi all

myself, husband and 11yr old daughter are on the Arvia this Easter holiday. 2 weeks from Southampton to the Med.

we depart on Easter Sunday 31st March

i was wondering if anyone knew if there would be Easter themed activities and what sort of thing they’ll do

thanks in advance 

Leanne 

I've done a lot of P&O cruises at Easter time as Easter often coincides with my birthday. The catering department used to (before the pandemic anyway) have lovely displays of hand-made Easter eggs and cakes in the atrium. 

I don't remember any actual Easter themed activities.  But there may well be some for children and families organized through the kids' clubs. 

Hope you have a great cruise on Arvia and an enjoyable Easter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

We are on this cruise too and it'llbe our first cruise on a religious holiday.

we haven't cruised over Christmas or Easter before either.

My daughter will want to spend a lot of time in the kids club so maybe they’ll do something.

I hope P&O do some activities for families though. They’ll be enough of us on there!

hopefully we’ll all have a fab time whatever happens. Enjoy the cruise!

• Thanks 1

We were on Arvia last Easter (back onboard this Sunday too) and they had an Easter Egg display in the Atrium and a swinging bench decorated with spring flowers for photo opportunities. Easter egg decorating competition for children in the Atrium too on one day. Not sure about events in the kids clubs. 😆

• Thanks 1

To be honest, from experience, not a lot. Can't comment on the children's stuff but can't remember there being much at all on our 2 Easter cruises.

There has been a Sunday morning service in the theatre led by the Captain with a few traditional hymns. One was 'Those in peril on the sea' ------ have to smile, it made us chuckle ! 

Nothing really special - I suppose in the UK Christmas is seen as the main festival, not Easter.

Easter in the UK is, for most, just Easter eggs, Easter bunnies and .... errrr ... a nice weekend break (and fingers crossed that the weather will be good). 

P&O just follow this format in that Easter isn't that big a thing for them ---- 

If that makes sense.

On Arvia  at the moment

we’ve had to find Easter egg signs in all the shops (well done P&O for that genius way to get the adults with the kids to see everything on sale & maybe buy more 😏)

egg decorating in the atrium

a Easter themed decorated swing bench for photos

scavenger hunt across the whole ship. Find a clue to where you have to go next, write down the letter on the clue and the number of eggs at the clue so you can’t pretend you went lol.

the best one was a clue to the Golf nets on top deck. But we had 4-5M waves and 70mph headwinds so the top decks were closed off. Found the clue in the end on deck 18, inside, by a cordoned off door that you could only reach by one set of lifts 😂 🫣 anyway we racked up the miles and steps on a sea day for a change and it was good fun.

there was also some Easter crafts which we didn’t get to.

pleasantly suprised 😃 

for those that are religious, Easter Sunday and Monday services were held.

for the adults you could get Easter themed cocktails if you fancied but not much ester stuff on for adults. I guess that’s because It’s a ship full of kids with parents and grandparents

5976 passengers onboard 😳 

• Like 1

Crumbs, that is a lot of passengers! I thought that Arvia's capacity was 5,200. We are on the ship from 14th April and it is apparently full.... so it will be interesting!

18 hours ago, Lancs duo said:

Crumbs, that is a lot of passengers! I thought that Arvia's capacity was 5,200. We are on the ship from 14th April and it is apparently full.... so it will be interesting!

Don’t worry too much. You may find less passengers because you are on the cruise after the Easter holidays. It’s so busy right now becaus school age kids are taking a lot of those 3rd and 4th berths.

im not saying it will be double occupancy only but I think fewer children will cut the numbers

• Like 1