Sushi in the Club

CLOU

We have enjoyed having dinner in the Sushi restaurant on the larger ship.  We have not been on the smaller ships since they started serving sushi in the Club. We will be on the Quest in June and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what hours sushi is served in the Club.  Also, does anyone know if people have sushi dinner there or do people treat it more like a pre-dinner snack. Any info would be appreciated.

Yes, 6:00 - 9:00 PM.

Most people pop in for pre-dinner bites, although you certainly can make it a full meal. 

But you'll just be eating sushi (nigiri and maki) without any salads, side dishes, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We just disembarked Quest a few days ago.  Sushi in the Club is excellent but not a meal. 

There are basically five things you can order:  1) Sashimi, 2) Nigiri, 3) Maki (Nori rolls), 4) Rolled (no Nori), and 5) Hand rolled (in cone-shaped Nori).

Tip: If the Earth and Ocean items appeal to you that day, sushi at the Club is a great stop for appetizers.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, skybluewaters said:

Yes, 6:00 - 9:00 PM.

Most people pop in for pre-dinner bites, although you certainly can make it a full meal. 

But you'll just be eating sushi (nigiri and maki) without any salads, side dishes, etc.

Yes, there's of course sashimi, plus warm nuts and saketinis, as well as the usual full bar.

The only issue I've had there is that the tables are tiny (they were meant for drinks and not for eating).  I wonder if they'll get around to replacing them with larger ones.

Posted (edited)

I’ve done both on the smaller ships. Pre dinner appetizer, or order a tray as a meal. Each time it was excellent. 

Edited by wesport
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, skybluewaters said:

The only issue I've had there is that the tables are tiny (they were meant for drinks and not for eating).

This and the wait staff can be overly taxed handling both drinks and sushi, especially during the pre-dinner cocktail hour. If you're going to have sushi as a meal your experience will likely be better if you wait until the pre-dinner cocktail crowd has moved on to the dining venues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Robisan said:

This and the wait staff can be overly taxed handling both drinks and sushi, especially during the pre-dinner cocktail hour. If you're going to have sushi as a meal your experience will likely be better if you wait until the pre-dinner cocktail crowd has moved on to the dining venues.

Excellent point 

Thanks for all the info. I understand the point about the small tables.Also, if we were to have sushi for dinner it would beat dinner time, after 7:30 at the earliest for us, so I imagine the pre-dinner drinks crows would likely be done.  Perhaps will try it as a snack one night and see how it goes and decide if we think it is worth trying for dinner.

6 hours ago, CLOU said:

Thanks for all the info. I understand the point about the small tables.Also, if we were to have sushi for dinner it would beat dinner time, after 7:30 at the earliest for us, so I imagine the pre-dinner drinks crows would likely be done.  Perhaps will try it as a snack one night and see how it goes and decide if we think it is worth trying for dinner.

That was our strategy. We went to the Club around 7.30pm when the dinner crowd had left and we ordered a range of sushi dishes and asked they be served one or two at a time ( the tables are too small for much more than that). It was a leisurely light meal with only a few others  doing the same thing so we had great service from an unhurried waiter.